Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Horror Story (FX) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by irthesteve, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Solid 2nd episode. Liked that sparing use of "found footage" style.

2. This is the first season of this show I've watched. I'm digging it so far! I watched the first two episodes lastnight with my girlfriend. It's fun!

Also, (random brag) I ate dinner next to Sarah Paulson in LA a couple months ago.

Jakob Allen and Colby Searcy like this.
  3. Liz

Ew, David

4. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

My money is on a breaking of the 4th wall and the Shelbys/Matts/Lees meet for real, and then they all get in a van solving mysteries together.

5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Still think this Roanoke story arc will only last another 2-3 episodes.

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

and their stupid dog too!!!!

Colby Searcy and BirdPerson like this.
  7. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Also think it'll probably turn out that Chaz Bono and the other hillbillies are actually good guys who were trying to protect them from the house. As a parting gift, they give the Shelbys their newly restored conversion van with the money they saved on the auction.

8. Jakob Allen

Trusted

This is also the first season I have watched as well. I hope the previous seasons arent required watching to understand this season though. That would really ruin it for me.

9. from what i understand, it's typically most of the same actors and actresses in each season, but they play different character each season. so each season is separate from each other, story-wise.

Jakob Allen likes this.
  10. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Not at all required. However there are little connections between the seasons, and occasionally characters that briefly overlap (for instance, two S2 characters showed up in S4).

Jakob Allen likes this.
  11. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Can you remind me of those 2 characters?

12. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Thanks guys!

13. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Sister Mary Eunice (Lily Rabe) and Pepper

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. Colby Searcy

I was thinking the latter but don't remember the former at all in Freakshow

15. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

When you saw them in Freakshow it was pre-Asylum time-wise, and there's an ep in S4 that shows how the latter ended up where she was in S2. The former does her intake.

Edit: for anyone reading this example being like "yeah I DO need to see all the seasons for this to make sense" you don't. It's more like a very obvious easter egg, because when AHS started, Ryan Murphy was adamant that there were no connections between seasons.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Pepper, Sister Mary Eunice, Dr. Arden, Marcy the realtor,Charles Montgomery, Queenie, and Billie Dean Howard are the only characters to crossover so far. The first five seasons aren't necessary to watch a new season. The characters appearing on different seasons is just cool for long time fans.

Enjoying this season so far. As someone who has watched a lot of A Haunting over the years, this felt nothing more than that but with a higher budget. It's set itself apart, and I can't wait for tomorrow night.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Poor Marcy, that woman never got a fair shake

18. Colby Searcy

Haha my wife said something similar too. That it feels like the Ghost Hunting type shows but better quality/production

19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

The Pepper episode is one of my favorite ones this show has ever done.

20. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I don't know if I could pick a favorite episode

I do know that Kathy Bates and Denis O'Hare's S5 shootout to the tune of Hotline Bling was one of the funniest things I've ever seen

Kuri44, Contender and ghostedaway like this.
  21. Liz

Ew, David

That's one of my favorite scenes in tv history :crylaugh:

BirdPerson likes this.
  22. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Honestly those two made Hotel for me.

23. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

There's Gaga

24. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Damn wtf that was crazy

25. timcsheehan

Regular

im starting to like this more than after the initial episode, but i hate this Cricket character. the name, accent, and stuff he says are just so ridiculous.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.