Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Horror Story (FX) TV Show • Page 48

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by irthesteve, Jun 28, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

That actually sounds like a pretty good idea. The seasons become so convoluted and never have super satisfying endings, so maybe this will work better for Murphy to not have to stretch things out too much

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

exactly this

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It's basically a series of one-off movies

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. OotyPa

fall away

Great idea. Will probably save the series for me.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Seeing Jessica and Denis on that Zoom call makes me VERY happy. I’m still planning to sit the next season out at this point or at the very least wait until it’s over to decide, but the spinoff could be fun.

6. irthesteve

Mcrx and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

i just hope it won't be taking place underwater. uh uh nope, no thank you.

8. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

The Lighthouse: the series

Mcrx likes this.
  9. Mcrx

Regular

Welp! Two more seasons down-Cult and Apocalypse. I'm skipping around a little. Have yet to watch 3-6, but I only get Netflix access on occasion and I really wanted to see these two the most. Cult was just ok. I was hoping for much more with it, tbh. But Apocalypse I love!!! I was very much looking forward to the continuation of Tate and Violet's story, but was blown away with the Micheal story!!! And this actor did a brilliant job! I knew I'd love Gallant (I'm an Evan Peters fan :) ), but I was surprised that I enjoyed his later character so much too (forget his name)! So yeah, was very impressed with this season!

10. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

im watching "cult" and I am SHOCKED this ranks so highly on all the AHS lists. Shocked. I was really into this the first 3 episodes or so but holy shit this thing falls apart SO much towards the end. This is SO much worse than AHS season 1-3 (the only 3 i've watched).

11. irthesteve

hot tip: almost every season falls apart by the end

Joe4th, Nick, Aaron Mook and 3 others like this.
  12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s abysmal. Fights for my lowest spot of them all.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. RyanPm40

The only season aside from Freak Show that I didn't bother finishing haha

Mcrx and domotime2 like this.
  14. domotime2

i have noticed a trend that AHS typically does start falling apart towards the end...but the journey's were at least somewhat solid. Maybe it's a show that's not meant to be binged but I honestly don't really get what's happening anymore. So many "betrayals" and "fake betrayals" and that whole shit with Lena Dunham in the middle.....

Do I even attempt the other seasons? I know lists online dont mean anything but if people like this so much,,,

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I really love the characters and performances in Hotel even if it’s a mess as far as the plot. Apocalypse ties nicely into previous seasons but also falls apart in the end. Even Freakshow has some great stuff in it mixed in with some questionable choices. I hated Roanoke, Cult, and 1984.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. RyanPm40

I love Roanoke and Hotel. For me, those are the last decent seasons they put out. I even found 1984 to be way more entertaining than Cult, Freakshow, and Apocalypse even though I can fully admit that it may be some of the worst writing this show has ever had lol

Contender likes this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Freak Show is my least favorite, but I really was not a big fan of Cult either. Every other season is at least enjoyable to me, but I don't know if I could rewatch either of those.

If you liked Coven I would watch Apocalypse for sure. It's still kind of a mess, but it's a lot more fun than Cult at least. I also enjoyed 1984, if you go in just expecting a fun and pretty mindless ride, it's an enjoyable season. And I think it did a better job of staying on track than a lot of other seasons.

domotime2 and RyanPm40 like this.
  18. RyanPm40

If you want fan service from Murder House and Coven, I'd say about half of Apocalypse is very fun. The first few episodes are a drag and the finale was terrible, though.

domotime2 likes this.
  19. domotime2

^ hah okay ill give apocalypse a shot even though your favorable review included "it starts boring and the ending sucks". The 80s thing looked interesting too. I'm gonna watch one more before halloweens over so.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. tvck

Trusted

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. Started 1984 and kinda enjoyed it but havent felt the urge to continue. Think I might just be over this show tbh

22. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Channel Zero > AHS

OotyPa likes this.
  23. Second season was better than the first, I need to watch the others on Shudder

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Second season was my favorite!

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

AHS will always be defined by the acting and characters for me. It’s more so about the attachment to the cast.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.