Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Horror Story (FX) TV Show • Page 45

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by irthesteve, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

It’s been pretty awful so far

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. irthesteve Nov 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 2, 2019)
    irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

So my brother in law is getting married today... next door to Murder House. Just went by to drop stuff off, it is super mega freaky to be there in person.

IMG_20191102_114632.jpg IMG_20191102_114438.jpg

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Having Lily back just put a huge spotlight on how lackluster most of the acting has been this season. She’s too good, and the flashback was so much better than the current story.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah I loved seeing Lily, that was definitely a pleasant surprise

6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m so ready for this season to be over.

7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

That was a really entertaining finale at least

8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

The worst season of TV I’ve ever watched.

9. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Well...I’m not getting those 2 months back. Or whatever it was.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  10. RyanPm40

I can't wait to watch this. It's been a lot of fun just laughing at how fucking absurd it's been

11. Sounds like I made the right call to pass on this season.

OotyPa likes this.
  12. OotyPa

fall away

I also skipped watching this season but I couldn't help but notice everyone's reactions lol. Wild how Ryan Murphy's stuff can range from fantastic to utter shit.

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I really don't think this season was that bad. But I guess it depends on how much you buy into it being intentional campy/cheesy/over the top. It's honestly been pure fun for me and I enjoy how streamlined it has been. No, it's not ground breaking television, but it's an entertaining 6 hours or so.

mike1885 and Contender like this.
  14. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

That's how I feel as well. Reminds me of Scream Queens in a way.

15. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I like campy but the story was stupid as hell

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  16. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

To me it just felt so mailed in. There was nothing to be invested in. It didn’t seem like it had any thought to it. One episode they tell Mr Jingles that a piece of him goes away each time he is killed. This last episode Montana and the other dude are so eager to show they can be killed and come back. What was the point of Richard Ramirez. That could have been anyone. Why are they so nice now. Maybe I wasn’t paying attention

EASheartsVinyl and RyanPm40 like this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Really need to watch that lol

18. RyanPm40

They also seemed to forgive Mr. Jingles out of fucking nowhere, and it's insane to me how easily Brooke forgave Donna lol

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Haven’t seen the finale yet, but I agree that there’s a difference between something being fun and camp and trashy or something being lazy and underwritten and not worth the time. This was terrible mostly for how completely forgettable it all was. Except of course for Ramirez, which was legitimately gross and should have been left out entirely. The only episode that hit any of the depth or emotion of the best seasons was the flashback with Lily.

20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

The worst season by far IMO

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I would watch this over like 8 times before I ever touched Freak Show again. I also don't really care for Cult. Those two were the only ones that have felt a little like chores.

irthesteve, mike1885 and RyanPm40 like this.
  22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I may actually just be done with the show at this point. I’ve watched live from the beginning but from now on may wait to see how it goes and give it a pass or not based on the consensus. And for rewatches I’ll just do 1-5 and then Apocalypse as the natural end for the series to tie it together.

23. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

It was so forgettable that literally the only names I remember are Montana, Richard Ramirez, and Mr Jingles. I can’t even tell you the other character names

24. I haven't been compelled by the concept of a season since Hotel. I reluctantly tuned in to Cult and was pleasantly surprised, but I haven't watched since.

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Emma’s “age makeup” is so insanely bad. Why even bother doing anything if she looks exactly the same?

Also yeah this is just super super meh like everything else. Jumping back and forth between the timelines just makes everything lose tension and end up confusing since everyone looks and acts the same no matter when it is.

imthesheriff and RyanPm40 like this.