Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Horror Story (FX) TV Show • Page 43

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by irthesteve, Jun 28, 2016.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Choosing to throw in an interviewing a serial killer plot right after Mindhunter S2 came out was a choice...

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

This show is such a hot mess and yet I still love it

Contender likes this.
  3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah there's like a twist every 5 minutes lol

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

There's honestly so much going on, this is definitely one of the "everything and the kitchen sink" seasons of the show. I obviously enjoy it, but it's a hot mess.

With like, 5? 6? characters left, and so much death, there definitely has to be some hard left turn this season, makes sense if it was in episode 100. I don't buy this stupid simulation/video game/movie shit though

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m so incredibly done with the Ramirez story.

6. RyanPm40

Wow I didn't know the night stalker was a real life serial killer

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

WHAT. How?! I mean besides being generally famous, he was already on the show years ago!

This portrayal is way more problematic and unnecessary than Hotel though. I am really not happy with him being romanticized in any context. I expected some twist to have come in his story by now to change it, but this episode just made it worse.

8. RyanPm40

Lol idk! I feel like Bundy, Manson and Gacy were the only serial killers I had heard of before Hotel and my memory of that season is a bit hazy. Didn't really watch the news growing up and most of the "famous" serial killings happened before I was born I guess?

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  9. RyanPm40

I agree though, I hate Hollywood fetishising real serial killers. Hence why I have no interest in that Zac Efron movie about Bundy

10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

He was at the party March held for all the killers, which I think is why everyone gave it a pass this season assuming it would be a quick reference to the shared universe. The fact that he’s instead been a huge part of the season and given a Tate-like rock star romance plot is in such poor taste even for this messy show.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. RyanPm40

Yeah I totally agree, that bums me out now that I realize it

12. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Finally caught up with all the episodes. Hard to see how they are going to make 10 episodes when everyone is about dead already haha. However even with everything going on, it’s been a lot of fun. Love the 80s theme and the intro might be one of my favorites.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. RyanPm40

Well we can already see that death isn't permanent in this place, so I'm sure there will be some supernatural stuff going on ;)

I'm just waiting for when the kids arrive to the camp.. yikes

airik625 likes this.
  14. airik625 Oct 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 15, 2019)
    airik625

Pretty cool to see influences from a lot of horror franchises. Halloween, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Scream, Friday the 13th, and even Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

15. irthesteve

@RyanPm40 there's no way kids actually arrive, right?

16. RyanPm40

Honestly, your guess is as good as mine. If they don't, that means the entire season will take place during this one night, which could also be fun. We'll see!

17. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I still feel like the big twist is this is going to be either a simulation or a groundhogs day situation

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. airik625

That’s what I was thinking too. But then again I don’t watch the previews for the next week do just thought I missed it there.

19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I don't know what the fuck this season is anymore lol

irthesteve likes this.
  20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The Ramirez stuff has moved from general annoyance to sucking the joy out of my watching completely. Some parts of this were a bit better but I’m just so out emotionally.

21. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I’m probably gonna finish this but they are really doing everything in their power to make me not want to

22. irthesteve

AHS: Camp Purgatory

23. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

This has been probably my second least favorite season so far behind Freak Show. I hope they can turn it around and do the opposite of what they usually do, with starting good and ending bad

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This has been exactly what I expected so far, which is like very superficial and over the top, but kind of fun. Like come on you can't deny that it's kind of hilarious that Brooke slept with Ray and then immediately found his head in a refrigerator in the next room. I've enjoyed finding out how they are all actually kind of pieces of shits, and I can't wait to find out what Brooke's twist will be. There's something more to her story/back story. I don't buy her innocence, but I guess it makes sense to keep one character we can actually root for.

Overall it's just very middle AHS, which is fine for me after a really ambitious season like Apocalypse. I kind of enjoy how it's been relatively straightforward. Like there's twists but it's not overly complicated, other than tracking who is real and who is a ghost thing. Curious to see where they go from here, and I enjoy Madison taking a positive spin on the purgatory thing.

Actually from writing this, I have a new theory, which is that there will be a time jump back to present times, and Brooke will come back to the camp after being convinced she was actually a killer just like Mr. Jingles. Somehow the ghosts will intervene and they will take down whatsherface (the head camp counselor lady).

RyanPm40 likes this.
  25. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

This show is so bad. I don't know if I've finished a season since like 2 or 3. For some reason I keep coming back and checking it out though. I guess those scenes were satire/self aware, but everything between Brooke and the guy who took her virginity, was so hard to sit through.

RyanPm40 likes this.