Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Horror Story (FX) TV Show • Page 38

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by irthesteve, Jun 28, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

That was a better finale than expected!

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  2. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'm like 4 episodes into Roanoke and I'm loving it. Such a change a pace after the earlier seasons.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Uuuuuugh. I mean I can’t complain in the sense that Misty got to live and the world didn’t die, but running him over with a Range Rover??? And absolutely no explanation for Emily and Timothy’s importance? And Mallory isn’t an angel or Jesus or secretly the big bad, she just can go to the past and drive??

Also I guess this means that Moira is still in the house and that is the worst thing ever. I want her happy ending to be real.

RyanPm40 and Aaron Mook like this.
  4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Myrtle is still the best though.

5. irthesteve

To me, the Emily and Timothy thing was pretty obvious. In the first timeline at the outpost, they very obviously were "special" or something, I don't really care what the intricate details of that are. SO in the newly made timeline, they would still be "special" in that way, whatever it was. The ending of them having the demon baby was essentially a way to say "doesn't matter if you get rid of the devil's spawn, he'll always find another way back" etc

6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I mean I get that they’re saying it’s cyclical, but in-universe the antichrist is supposed to come from an unholy union between realms, not two hot young kids with “superior” DNA. And leaning into the LaVey thing after all the criticism was a bad move in my opinion. No explanation either for how they sensed this kid immediately but took forever to get to Michael. It was just odd and unsatisfying after so much potential.

RyanPm40 and Aaron Mook like this.
  7. irthesteve

I'm not saying any of it is perfect, haha, the show is always loosey goosey. I'm just saying that i bought into it for the most part, I rarely try to figure out every little part of this show

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Eh, I’ve definitely been one to go more for leniency with the finales and plots, but that specifically really let me down.

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I thought it was better than expected. I actually think this was one of the better jobs they’ve done wrapping everything up. My biggest annoyance is that they never really explained the point of the outposts. Was Michael really trying to start a new society in the world? But overall I think a lot of this is explainable: they didn’t need a ghost to get someone pregnant because the antichrist was already brought back. The human body is a vessel for the antichrist not the antichrist himself (Constance was getting at this when she was talking about seeing her grandson in michaels eyes but saying it wasn’t him.) It’s probably much easier for him to be reborn now. Probably the satanic people were there quicker for the same reason, and we saw from Cordelia that there is still a vague recognition of what happened.

Idk I really enjoyed this season, and I’m happy with how focused they actually stayed on telling a story without a bunch of side tangents.

Also we should really be talking about the fact that we got a SECOND Jessica Lange episode, and that alone made this worth it.

irthesteve likes this.
  10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yep, more Jessica is always worth it and she killed that scene. As an end to Constance the car made sense, because it bookended her grief with Addie and how much she had changed by living with Michael. It was just really unsatisfying for HIS story to end like that.

I still absolutely disagree about the finale wrapping things up. Every plot point can’t be left to subsubsubtext and the fans drawing their own conclusions. Even a throwaway line from Billie Dean in the MH episode could have hinted at the ending and made it make more sense/hold more weight. But the way it’s written we don’t know anything about how Michael may have changed the rules or what specifically made this second attempt happen when and how it did.

11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That all being said though, I still liked the season overall infinitely more than Cult and Roanoke and some episodes are still in my top ever, but at the halfway point I thought this was heading to maybe topple Asylum for me after all this time, and then the last few episodes happened. I guess it feels like the season mirrors Michael himself, tremendous potential and moments of pure brilliance, only to end disappointingly.

12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah I genuinely thought this would be the season of this show I actually like all the way through. I was wondering with three episodes left, how they'd ruin it for me.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

14. irthesteve

well that's entirely unexpected haha

15. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Should I know who that is based on a photo of someone with his hand covering his face?

BirdPerson and Colby Searcy like this.
  16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I can’t get the image to load, but I saw on the subreddit that Gus Kenworthy was added to the cast. I’m assuming this is that? Definitely a weird choice.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. irthesteve

nah, I clicked through to his profile. He isn't an actor but rather an Olympic athlete

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

My jaw dropped haha I wonder what the reasoning is. Hopefully he'll be back for Season 10. Really curious what next season's theme will be

21. irthesteve

That actually surprises me

22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I didn’t know this, but apparently he’s been saying that the roles are taking a toll on him. I’m fully ok with him taking a step back if that’s the case, even if his presence will be missed.

I do wish even more now that Apocalypse had just been the end of the show. It seemed like such a natural closure and if they had changed how it went down it would have been perfect.

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I don't really want it to end honestly. I mean I know a lot of people think it's gone downhill, and it's hard to argue that it's not up to the quality of the first 2 seasons (Coven was a great world with even better characters but the plot of that season was as messy as the rest of the seasons to come), but I still enjoy most seasons more than I don't, so as long as Ryan Murphy wants to keep it going, I'm on board for.

But I do hope something comes of the Coven spin off.

Contender, tvck and irthesteve like this.
  24. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I don't think Coven was messier than the other two seasons honestly. I did a rewatch of them recently and they were pretty all over the place. I think Asylum was one of the messiest and unfocused seasons, but it was just so entertaining that it didn't matter heh

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Actually fair point. Murder House was the only one with a pretty "tight" story, but Asylum was still great. I just felt Coven had no real plot to it other than "Who's going to be the Supreme?" I just never felt like it was building towards much and it just kind of introduced and dropped random storylines all over. But I haven't watched it since it premiered so one day I'll go back and watch it again.

RyanPm40 likes this.