Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Horror Story (FX) TV Show • Page 37

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by irthesteve, Jun 28, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Coven 2, sorry Apocalypse, has been better than Coven 1

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  2. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'm two episodes into Freak Show now and it has been...pretty bad

mattfreaksmeout and RyanPm40 like this.
  3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Never finished it and have no desire to return to it

Joe4th likes this.
  4. tvck

Trusted

Freak Show wasn't horrible (started not so great, but picked up), and Dandy might be one of the more "creepy" villains in the series (great payoff near the end of the season). But now that I've watched through Roanoke, it's on the bottom of the series for me. Just need to start and get through Cult, and then binge Apocalypse (thank god for DVR).

5. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Twisty and Dandy were good villains but the story focused too much on Jessica Lange's character whom I could not have cared less about.

OotyPa, irthesteve and RyanPm40 like this.
  6. tvck

Trusted

Agreed. Plus her song was absolutely cringey. And honestly, her not having legs really wasn't a great way to make her a "freak" like the rest of the group.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I finished Freak Show. Easily my least favorite so far. Dandy was pretty much the only redeeming part of it, he was a creepy as hell villain. Other than that, meh

RyanPm40 and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Man I am loving Apocalypse. Last night was so much fun, I’m excited we’re finally seeing the start of the cooperative. And the satanic church stuff was actually kind of creepy. If they can end it decently, this could end up being one of my favorite seasons.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. eight30

Regular

I'm in a very slow process of watching Cult and it is really good so far. I stopped watching after Coven and saw a few episodes of Freak Show so it's nice to enjoy this show again.

10. RyanPm40

Hot take: Cult was good, but I actually loved Hotel and Roanoke more

11. eight30

Regular

Have not gone back to either one of those but I might once I'm done with Cult! I've heard they're both pretty good.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Really didn’t like this week’s. Definite filler and we do not have time for this!! Seeing Venable again was good though.

RyanPm40 and mike1885 like this.
  13. RyanPm40

14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

The latest episode is exactly what I hate about this TV show.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. tvck

Trusted

Finally caught up entirely on the show. Wife and I really enjoyed Cult although Kai really reminded me of a mix of Dandy and Tate. Loved Sarah’s character development from paralyzing fear to methodically taking down the cult.

Hardest season to get through so far had to of been Roanoke, though I enjoyed parts of it.

Really enjoying Apocalypse so far, though I’m not sure why they made the guys who are introducing/creating the cooperative such douche bags. The haircuts really took me out of the episode. Sucks cause I thought it was going well before hand with the satanic church. Will say that I’m worried they will try and fit too much in the last 2 episodes, if the rumored 10 episodes is true. I feel like there’s quite a bit left to fill in the moments leading up to the collapse and after the witches showing up to confront Michael.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Ok this has to be continued in another season right? Or maybe some spring episodes?

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

They'l wrap it up next week, but no guarantee it's wrapped up pretty hahah

RyanPm40 and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

You're probably right, but I have some wishful thinking. Wasn't there some talk once of a secret spring season or something? Just saying if that's ever going to happen, now would make a lot of sense. The finale will bring us back up the Apocalypse and then the next season would be about what the witches/Michael were doing between the bombs and when Michael shows up at the bunker, and then focus on the final battle.

19. tvck

Trusted

I will say I reallyyyy enjoy the aesthetic of this season more than the other seasons. I hope Michael is killed in the most spectacular fashion. I've started to hate him the more the season has gone on, at least pre-fallout Michael. And I hope you're right @mattfreaksmeout about a spring season.. feels like this is being all condensed rather quickly towards the end. Not sure why they didn't do 13 episodes like most of the other seasons.

mattfreaksmeout and irthesteve like this.
  20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

The only way is if they skip the 18 months between the bombs and the arrival of the witches, which I can't see how they would. At this point they have to cover the witches coming back to life (again) - specifically Zoe cus we know she is alive still. We have to cover why and how the witches were put into hiding in the shelter. We have to cover the two special kids (I don't buy that the first 3 episodes counted for nothing and all of them are just dead). Idk maybe I'm getting my hopes up too high because this is AHS, but they've never gone into a finale with this much ground left to cover. Actually normally the biggest stuff happens in the penultimate episode and the finale is more of a wind down.

Also I may be reading wayyyy too much into this, but I did notice that the promo for next week just said "Finale" not season finale. Which means technically it could be a mid-season finale. And yea I don't see why they'd only do 10 episodes when clearly there is more story to tell in this.

RyanPm40 and tvck like this.
  21. tvck

Trusted

[IMG]

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  22. RyanPm40

AHS has never been a well-written show. It's always been for mindless enjoyment with some cheesiness and I'm okay with that. I've come to expect underwhelming endings to this show, but I still have fun watching it. I wouldn't hold my breath over this season's story extending past next week.

I do think the first few episodes of this season were incredibly slow and didn't really get better until the group poisoning. They definitely could have done a better job at the beginning to cover more ground by the end.

23. tvck

Trusted

Agreed. Feel like the first 3 episodes could've easily been done in 1. Not sure it did much to tell the uninformed what Michael probably was.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. RyanPm40 Nov 14, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 14, 2018)
    RyanPm40

Wow, I knew the finale was going to be bad, but not THAT bad.

1. Really? Going to kill Michael by just running him the fuck over?
    2. Before killing him, the last moments we see of him are a reminder that he's just a scared little boy inside.. that just made the whole death a bit more jarring and less satisfying
    3. No explanation for why Timothy and Emily were so special and taken to the Outpost, and somehow they give birth to the Antichrist without being impregnated by a ghost? Wtf? Were they taken to the Outpost as a backup plan if Michael failed?
    4. The way they brought Misty back was way too convenient.
    5. Why did the black pope and Ms. Mead come immediately when the new Antichrist made his first kill, but had no idea about Michael until he was much older?

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

lmao this show always does a fantastic job at screwing itself up. It's really fallen apart the last two episodes

RyanPm40 likes this.