Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Horror Story (FX) TV Show • Page 35

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by irthesteve, Jun 28, 2016.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Also, nothing but respect for MY supreme Stevie Nicks.

It was kind of weird seeing her here when I just saw her in person 5 days ago.

Contender and irthesteve like this.
  2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Awesome episode and I soo can't wait for Constant to return

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Loved it

4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I hated the first episode, but the others have all been pretty good. Although I'm fearing the season just completely falls apart before the end like most seasons.

5. Ya I'm digging this season.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. Super glad people are enjoying this show again, but we're halfway through the season and I feel like nothing has happened. Wasn't there supposed to be some huge twist in this episode?

7. timcsheehan

Regular

I feel like this season is one of the most ambitious thing I've ever seen a TV show do.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

No? I don’t think any twist has been mentioned except for the crossovers which we knew about beforehand.

Also I don’t see how we can say nothing happened, the world literally ended. Lol. And the fact that they are righting wrongs from previous seasons is incredible. I’m loving that they’re doing a cohesive flashback plan and then I’m sure it will get crazy once we get back to the present.

Lots of interesting theories about Mallory undoing the apocalypse because of the focus on her powers not just healing but going back to the beginning entirely. And her look is still so angelic...

I still want this to be the end of the series though. It’s so totally perfect as a bookend.

9. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I also think it’s easier to feel like nothing is happening because it’s been pretty focused compared to past seasons

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  10. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Nah, it feels like nothing is happening because nothing interesting happened until everyone got poisoned

Aaron Mook likes this.
  11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea this is another thing I liked about it. Except like the robot thing which is a small thing, they haven’t been veering all over the place like normal.

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m dying to know what killed her.

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I kind of think it’ll be a self sacrifice. She’ll intervene to save Michael somehow.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I think it could be that, or Michael betrayed her at some point and his emotions about her are all part of his act. Or of course she stuck her neck out too far and got killed by literally anyone we know. Lol. I’m still very curious about whether or not he’s playing her or she’s playing him. If anyone could get in good with the Antichrist for a long con it would be Kathy Bates.

Also I really need Stevie Nicks to come to my house and sing to me after I’ve been through an ordeal. Please.

RyanPm40 and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  15. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Also, the things that are happening seem to be in the past. So yeah as far as what is currently happening, we don’t know. We’ve been shown nothing on that

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

My biggest complaint with Coven was that I felt like there wasn't really a plot. It was honestly just a series of random events, other than trying to figure out who the Supreme was. There is a very clear story being told here imo.

17. Ryan Murphy 100% mentioned a major twist in episode five and I could've sworn in it was mentioned in this thread. I'd link it if I wasn't on mobile.

And yes, I'm aware that the world ending is the premise, but I just don't feel like they've done much with it. Halfway into the season, we have yet to change settings and there's been no payoff so far for over half of the characters introduced in the first three episodes. I'm glad you're enjoying the show and you don't have to be condescending about it, it just hasn't kept my interest personally and I don't necessarily think it's that ambitious to weave past storylines together into a new season.

I loved Roanoke and Cult so obviously I don't have to stress any more that I wish I liked this more.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I thought he said something "big" would happen, not necessarily a twist.

19. That's entirely possible, the site I was reading may have just incorrectly called it a twist. Either way, I was just hoping for something bigger than the Murder House reveal we already knew was coming

20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Sorry, not meaning to be a jerk about it. The wording just struck me as funny when on a literal level more has happened this season than anything else ever. I did find the quote you were referring to and it’s classic Ryan Murphy vagueness:

“Murphy didn't offer much more than a vague tease when he spoke to Entertainment Weekly, saying, "It's a season unlike anything we've done because there's a big hook to it. There's a huge thing that happens in Episode 5."

I guess he was careful not to use the word “twist” but still make it seem like that’s what he’s hinting at to drive hype. I don’t know if he’s referring to Misty coming back or Michael passing the Seven Wonders but there certainly was a lot in the episode that has big repercussions going forward.

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

And it is interesting to me that opinions differ more for this than any other show I can think of. Roanoke and Cult were two of the most excruciatingly terrible TV watching experiences of my life, and this season has everything I could have possibly wanted. I really can’t think of anything else that has such wildly different interpretations among fans.

22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah I've pretty much hated every season since Coven and this is holding my attention, at least until now.

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Freak Show and Hotel took so many crazy turns and rambled in pointless directions but I LOVE the characters so much that I don’t care. I wish they had cut a bunch of the filler for sure. Coven was interesting because when it happened I kind of hated it but on my first rewatch I totally fell in love. I think expectations helped there, because going from Asylum to it was such whiplash the first time.

24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I hated Asylum too to be fair.

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

BLASPHEMY. Asylum is the only one above reproach.