Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Horror Story (FX) TV Show • Page 16

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by irthesteve, Jun 28, 2016.

1. I don't hatewatch, I go into each season with an open mind and enjoy them for what they are. I can say some seasons are better than others and still enjoy all of them. Since the series is an anthology, not all of the seasons are meant to be campy, nor should they all be taken as such. I feel like Asylum and Hotel are more ambitious on the storytelling/emotional levels, and so I prefer them more; I know that not every season is going to be like that, and some, like Roanoke, are going to focus (and excel) on more surface elements. If I can enjoy the camp-fest that is Scream Queens more than I enjoyed Coven/Freak Show, then the campiness in those seasons isn't the problem.

2. Kuri44

Yeah not hatewatching, I still like it but I have my criticisms of the show. I guess I just feel passionate about it because I see the potential that this series has and a lot of talent go to waste. I'll definitely follow this to the end just like Lost, Dexter, and Weeds.. but those delicined in quality each season. Especially weeds.. to this day I don't know what they were thinking.. one reason I'll never watch OITNB lol

Edit: Minus Season 4 of Dexter.. one of my favorite seasons on television ever

3. To be clear, I wasn't targeting anyone specifically or criticizing, just offering how I see the show and saying that I'm kinda bummed more people don't enjoy the show the same way. But I do think camp factor is a huge part of this show since at least Freak Show if not earlier.

4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I actually liked the finale though. Wasn't what I was expecting, but I liked the call back to Lana Winters.

6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I just watched the finale tonight. This is in my top 3 with Asylum and Murder House. It was so nice to have a concise story this time. I enjoyed Coven enough, but to this day I don't understand what the hell the plot line was to that season. It was literally Real World: Witches. Freak Show was just terrible in about every way except for Twisty. I really enjoyed Hotel, but t did go off on unnecessary plot lines and lacked focus, but I thought there were strong elements. But this season felt so much more like the first 2. I'm not left with any real cliffhangers or unaddressed questions (the Butcher is not possessed by scathatch as much as she was brought back to strength and pretty much was convinced by her from my understanding, so I don't see lee eating the heart as an issue, and i genuinely can't think of any other lingering plot line). The show feels rejuvenated to me and I can't wait for next season.

Aaron Mook and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

This was easily my favourite season of the show.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  8. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Yep told the wife how I loved how coherent the story for this actually was given the chaos of most other seasons. What I thought was interesting in this was while the story was coherent and concise the tone was all over the place whereas in contrast the other seasons the opposite was typically the case.

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

10. Definitely sounds...confusing

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

12. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I'm not sure how to feel about that. We're already living in an American horror story.

BirdPerson likes this.
  13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah will it just be a reality tv show then essentially?

14. irthesteve

It's creative, that's for sure. I'm at the point where I'll watch whatever this show does

Colby Searcy and Aaron Mook like this.
  15. Colby Searcy

I'll watch pretty much anything Ryan Murphy does

Aaron Mook likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I just want Emma Roberts as Ivanka

Aaron Mook and Colby Searcy like this.
  17. Liz

Ew, David

18. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

did they copy the idea from a meme

19. irthesteve

I don't think I'm going to watch Feud, but otherwise I'm mostly on board

Colby Searcy likes this.
  20. Colby Searcy

Same, that one didn't seem that interesting to me but I'd probably stream it or something if I didn't have anything else to watch

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

22. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Billy on the (Nightmare on Elm) Street!

bad joke you can ban me if needed

23. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

yes.

Contender likes this.
  24. irthesteve

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  25. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

That's awesome about Billy.

Sidenote: I visited (the outside of) the Coven house during my trip to New Orleans last week. It's gigantic and beautiful. I've never been more tempted to trespass.

BirdPerson and Contender like this.