Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Horror Story (FX) TV Show • Page 15

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by irthesteve, Jun 28, 2016.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

American Flora Story

2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

That was an alright finale. Very good season overall though.

3. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Middle of the road finale, enjoyed the Ghost Hunters/Adventures parody. Lee stuff was whatever, not really a character I cared too much about. Nice to see Lana again, great season

4. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Refresh my memory?

5. Matt

She mentioned that Bloody Face was her son and that she killed him

6. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

No clue if any of you go on Reddit but 100% Ryan Murphy or someone on his team reads that subreddit. No other explanations for Rupaul's Drag Race queen hosting that panel + actual shout out to "that Reddit thread"

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

So were there any hints dropped for the theme of season 7?

8. Finale was fine. Really liked this season overall. It'd be great if future seasons were only 10 episodes like this one was.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  9. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah, 10 episode seasons from now on would be great.

10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I haven't watched the finale yet, but I guess I'm in the minority. Didn't really care for this season, or any season for that matter except for the first one and maybe the second.

11. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Honestly, I was freaking out when I saw her. My friends were annoyed when I kept saying "Why is Trixie fucking Mattel on AH!?". It was an unexpected surprise, and I loved it. The episode as a whole was just okay. For a finale it wasn't great nor bad. The season is probably in my top three for AHS.

12. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah but there are a billion plot holes with things that either don't make sense, or were mentioned once but never explained or expanded upon. There is an inconsistency with the show.

Why are the ghosts able to come out and kill sometimes during the day in one scene, and then other scenes they say it's safe if it isn't dark yet? Why didn't Lee stay possessed? Why did Mott come across as some creepy ass monster without even talking to them?

13. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Honestly, thought this season was scarier than Murder House and the end result of the finale is pretty darn similar to the end of MH, as well haha.

14. Matt

And how did networks / friends and families of the deceased allow a show to be on tv where people are brutally murdered by actual ghosts

15. Kuri44

Yeah, it was like they just threw random shit at the wall to see what would stick (spoiler: not a whole lot). What was up with the witch? What did the grudge girl have to do with the Roanoke colony? It felt like Shelby and Matt were supposed to me the main characters and the ones who had most potential for character development, but then things just went downhill after the "twist". Very messy, rushed. Which I know has been an issue in previous seasons, but they were hyping this season as new, rejuvenated, and different. Nope.

Edit: The whole Kathy Bates going crazy thinking she was the butcher was pretty stupid too.

16. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I sat there going nuts at my gf, who doesn't watch AHS, trying to explain why that was such a big F'n deal haha...all those shitty memes finally paid off!

This is my current #2 behind S2.

17. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

They threw in scatcathatchery to tie in with S3...the grudge girl was one of the Chens, who the colony killed

mattfreaksmeout and Aaron Mook like this.
  18. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Also we never would have gotten such awesome scenes like "oh my god, it's Agnes!" if they didn't have her go crazy lol

19. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

The only bummer is I wanted to see more dead cast members.

BirdPerson likes this.
  20. Matt

owww myyy gohhhdddd, rohhhrrryyyy

BirdPerson likes this.
  21. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

"Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatt"

"I'm not used to all this carnage!"

Edit: how did people not know the ghosts were real by the trial?

22. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I liked the story of Murder House more than the other seasons I guess. I liked this season better than 3, 4 or 5, which I stopped watching before they ended.

I felt like this season was a little more ambitious than past seasons, which I appreciated. I liked that it took a turn to something new half way through and there were parts that were interesting/scary that I liked, but I never really looked forward to new episodes and really only continued because it was a short season.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. Kuri44

Ahhhh I totally forgot about the Chens

24. For me, the show's seasons can be divided into three tiers. 1: Asylum, Hotel; 2: Murder House, Roanoke; 3: Coven, Freak Show. While Roanoke has a lot going on in its presentation (Sarah Paulson plays a character, a character playing another character, and a character from another season) and its horror elements (Taissa's last scene still gets to me, half because it's her and half because it's just so brutal), I gravitate more towards the drama/character development elements of the show, which I thought were lacking this season. The lore/world building stopped at around episode 4-5, and the rest was just everyone dying, mostly without really getting the chance to show any character growth. I can appreciate that the show tried to switch things up, even though it meant the strongest elements of the previous season being underutilized (Lady Gaga, Denis O'Hare, Wes Bentley, Evan Peters), but the people who were used more had less to do (aside from the whole playing multiple characters bit). I have mixed feelings about the length of the season. I think it accomplished everything it wanted to do in the time it was given, but 2-3 more episodes could've been used to really flesh out the characters--at the same time, it could've also drawn out the already sparse plot.

BirdPerson and Kuri44 like this.
  25. Damn, people always get so salty about this show as if it's ever going to get "better." I tend to think of it like a haunted house; it's campy, and there's always going to be unnecessary characters and plotlines in there to distract you, but in the end, it's all in good fun and mostly about just having a few good scares. I don't know what people who hatewatch this season after season are expecting to change.