Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Gods (Starz) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Apr 14, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Was saying the same thing to my wife earlier. Never seen him in nail down that serious of a role. Very impressive.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

That opening scene was fucking incredible. I knew Jones was playing Anansi and I still almost didn't recognize him at first. Holy shit.

Also, Peter Stormare, hell yes. And Martha as one of the Zorya was a surprise.

3. Anthony_

Checkers scene was so. damn. good.

Also:

Whalejaw and airik625 like this.
  4. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Episode 1 was so easy for me to find online. Episode 2 is... not so much. Ugh.

5. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Subscribed to Starz through Amazon to check this out, and wow is it amazing. Really filling the void Hannibal left. One of those cases where I'm actually glad to have not read the source material because I'm really captivated by it and dying to know what happens with the results of the checkers game.

6. Shrek

I've seen a lot of criticism against the dialogue, and I think those people are crazy.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  7. airik625

So I was about to watch the preview or "first look" for the third episode, but then it was taken down from YouTube and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Why take that down?

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

It kinda has to be expository, I don't think it's bad at all

electro haikus likes this.
  9. Anthony_

People will look for the tiniest things to gripe about just to be contrarian. You see it happen with Fargo, Better Call Saul, etc., all the best shows on television. There is literally nothing wrong with the dialogue in this series, and I am using literally correctly.

10. Shrek

Yeah, my girlfriend had read the book going in, and she swore that I shouldn't even bother with the show without having done the same or brushing up on the real world mythology it's based on... but I thought the show conveyed everything I needed to know splendidly. The stuff I didn't get were clearly plot hooks that will be addressed in the future.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  11. Anthony_

I read the book, and honestly the show is doing a really good job of conveying exactly what is going on with just as much detail as a reader would have at this point in the book. You would be in exactly the same position right now with regard to knowledge of what is going on if you were reading the book, had gotten to the checkers scene, and then had stopped exactly at the point where Czernobog won. And it isn't really very confusing and it definitely isn't poorly written or directed. They've changed some things but nothing that's been changed has been bad at all. So far, as someone who read the book, I couldn't be happier with the show.

12. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Not a big surprise but renewed!

airik625 likes this.
  13. Shrek

New ep was my least favorite of the three but still very good and I'll prob rewatch it before the fourth. Kudos for them for going all in on that male-on-male scene, that's going to be the point that loses a lot of people.

14. airik625

Insane episode. I still have no idea where this is heading, but I'm along for the ride.

15. I watched the first episode last night and boy was that weird. But I'm definitely intrigued and will keep watching.

coleslawed likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Gillian Anderson as Bowie and Marilyn!

and Crispin Glover was of course perfect

Anthony_D'Elia and JoshShulkin like this.
  17. JoshShulkin

Regular Supporter

I've been loving every episode so far. I think they're starting to stray a little bit from the book though, right?
    Clearly just a good reason to reread it though haha.

18. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

More people need to watch this show because it is incredible. Crispin Glover was menacing as hell.

19. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Show's still knocking it out of the park -ESPECIALLY in the casting. Crispin Glover is an incredible Mr. World.

20. airik625

This was by far my favorite episode of the season. The entire sequence in the interrogation room was fantastic. It's cooo to see this world kind of spew into the real world; with real consequences and what not. I'm glad that Shadow held his own with Laura.

21. airik625

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

she was so good this episode, love her

23. Anthony_

Book spoilers for anyone who hasn't read it:

I like how they set up that he can change his face so that the twist at the end with Loki being Mr. World and Low Key Lyesmith is still possible. "Trickster God" and all that, after all.

24. airik625 Jun 7, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 7, 2017)
    airik625

"I've done the math and...this x that = you're a ****."

edit: "c-u-n-t" (does that defeat the purpose?) automatically gets starred out? first time I think I've seen that.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen