Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Gods (Starz) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Apr 14, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Looks crazy cool

2. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

[​IMG]

3. I was iffy at first cause Starz is always iffy for me, but I'm pretty convinced this won't suck. The cast is just too good and almost anything Fuller touches is gold.

4. Already renewed for season 2!

5. irthesteve

I wonder if I get Starz...

coleslawed likes this.
  6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Halfway through the book with 9 days to go. Wish me luck.

coleslawed likes this.
  8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Excited for this.

9. airik625

10. tucah

not champ Prestigious

First episode is up on demand/their app and as a fan of the book, it's PERFECT. They completely nailed just about everything - the key scenes like the bar and the limo, minor stuff like Bilquis that's still important to set the mood of the show, the casting (McShane is about as perfect a Wednesday as you can get, Whittle is an equally good Shadow so far) and of course it's absolutely gorgeous like you would expect a David Slade directed episode of a Fuller show to be. The tone is right, there's a lot of crazy, inventive, unique imagery and the hour just flew by. It is exactly what I dreamed of in an American Gods show.

11. airik625

Awesome. I hope they put these up every week first thing Sunday like they did with Black Sails.

tucah likes this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

tonight at 9 is when it officially premieres

13. airik625

Right, but I'm guessing every week the episodes will be made available on demand and online starting at midnight.

The premiere was fantastic. Love the set up and the graphics. Bryan Fuller's fingerprint is all over this.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  14. irthesteve

I guess it's time to check if I get Starz

coleslawed likes this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

yeah this is definitely a Fuller show

Henry likes this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Neil Gaiman on why he asked American Gods to cut a blowjob scene

I'm actually shocked that this is a thing that took place. Fuller and Green have claimed to be huge fans of the book, and this episode was clearly made by and for fans of the book, yet this seems to betray a gross misunderstanding of Shadow as a character. Thankfully Gaiman was involved in the show enough to veto this idea.

17. irthesteve

Pretty good first episode, I know zero about the premise or anything so it was a bit different from what I expected, but by the end I was on board

18. Ger

Newbie Prestigious

I like the changes from the book. Especially the scene with Audrey.

19. NitrateDawn

Regular

I liked the episode overall but didn't love it. It's been a while since I read the book, but I remember kind of slowly figuring out that these were modern day gods (I knew nothing about it before reading and thought the title might be figurative lol). In the show they give that to you right off the bat. It's its own thing and that's ok, but I think I prefer the way the book handled it. I also imagine that some stuff might be confusing or jarring for people who haven't read the book, but I can't say that for certain.

20. chris

Trusted Supporter

I really liked the bit in the cemetery where Shadow talks about all the books he read while in prison.

In fact I'm just liking Whittle's performance a lot in general. I was completely unfamiliar with him before this and I've been re-reading the book and he's just nailing it

airik625 likes this.
  21. airik625

Second episode up on OnDemamd.

22. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Yep, another great episode. I had forgotten Gillian Anderson was in this show so that was a pleasant little surprise. The best part of this episode, though was the second half with the Czernobog stuff. Stormare is perfect for the role, fantastic scenes with his monologues. McShane continues to be awesome as he always is and Whittle's performance is impressive as well.

airik625 likes this.
  23. airik625

Damn I didn't even realize that was Gillian Anderson.

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

holy shit Orlando Jones kills it, not something I thought I'd ever say