Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Football Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 7, 2016.

1. dpassen1

Why are we ignoring the EP?

2. Horrorca

Trusted

oh my god new album

3. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

im not, i just said the full length is one of my favorite albums heehee

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. TedSchmosby

Trusted

When I think of Firefly I tend to forget that Serenity exists too
    I just checked their Facebook page in a panic dammit

coleslawed and AndrewSoup like this.
  5. atlas

Trusted

I don't have any information to report but my friends just moved into the house next to "the house" for the school year

6. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

gotta be kitten me

AndrewSoup likes this.
  7. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

I hope we get new music but I have my doubts :(

8. They've at least been writing and recording. But who knows if they're just demoing to see if anything clicks or if they're actually planning a new release. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a new 7" next year or something, but a whole new album seems less likely to me.

9. They posted another video thing half an hour ago. Are these just promo things or teasers? What are they up to?!

10. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I can't imagine a new LP, but I think it's more likely than a 7". I feel like they're the kind of people -- based on interviews and such -- that wouldn't do this reunion and not work on some music. Like I think i vaguely recollect an fairly in-depth interview saying if they were gonna do this they "wanted to do it right, really put in the work" or something to that effect. Not to mention Mike, even with Owen, doesn't seem to tour a ton, and he has done quite a bit of touring with AF so....something soon, probably? I'd say after this Owen album cycle has winded down a bit though

11. Joel Aug 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 21, 2016)
    Joel

Trusted Prestigious

A friend of mine saw them in Halifax and he talked to Mike after who pretty much confirmed an album was coming and then later said "maybe I wasn't supposed to say that" or something haha, so I can definitely expect an album. Just wasn't gonna say anything in case I was misinformed

12. if you are right, i will kiss you

13. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I believe it

14. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

[​IMG]

Edit: Also applicable to me and Brand New rn

15. wow

16. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Just confirmed via text - buddy was told the album is finished. It's real.

bradsonemanband and h8bit like this.
  17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This album is great. I've only recently started getting into 90's twinkle/emo, but I love the feel of this album. It's easy to see where a lot of today's modern bands make a sylistc change similar to the sound of this record(Mov Mou, Pianos, Foxing etc), and I love it.

The trumpet(?) trombone(?) on this adds a lot even though it's used sparsely.

teebs41 likes this.
  18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Trumpet and agree a lot there are so so many bands that borrow from this its incredible

19. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Mike seemed pretty unhappy at Wrecking Ball, color me surprised if that's true.

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Please explain??

21. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Yeah, this album is immense in the influence it has, considering it is nine songs. This was the one of the first albums I listened to in escaping mall emo and I remember being fifteen and not really understanding what was happening. Like my first reaction was being viscerally overwhelmed by the melodies, and the way way they kept going passed what I expected, the way they would bend back into itself, and then oh my god, there's another one. It was incredible, but I literally did not understand what was happening, didn't understand the lack of chord progressions, and it was off kilter in a way that I hadn't really heard before. I think in terms of listening to music that has weird time signatures and alternate tunings and what not, this was a good way to start because it isn't so dramatic, isn't particularly rough and angular. Just beautiful and well crafted.

Also I was at Wrecking Ball, Mike seemed fine to me lol

22. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Idk. That's what my friend said, she was up close haha. They sounded great, but I don't think anyone said anything between songs or anything like that. Was kinda awkward in retrospect

23. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

That being said someone should've told me to listen to Cap'n Jazz first, but I am glad for my journey anyway

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

New album? Me currently wearing my American Football tee would fucking love that.

coleslawed and bradsonemanband like this.
  25. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

2016 has no chill.