Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Football - American Football (October 21, 2016) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I mean... Of course vocally it sounds like Owen????

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes I was disputing all of the posts that said it just sounds like an Owen song. I disagree

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It was kind of like when Saosin released their new record and everyone said it sounded like circa

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Now let's get us a Bear vs. Shark album to finish out the year

GettingSodas and Nick like this.
  5. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Anyone attending any of the shows they announced so far? A few friends and I are gonna try and snag some tickets to the NYC show.

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i want to go to NYC because last time i saw them in the city i was fevered and literally do not remember the set at all

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. Jake Z

Regular

Incredible news. I have been out of the loop and just happened to see this post. Never thought another album would happen. The song sounds great, too.

8. jols

Trusted Prestigious

kinda surprised some Martin Shkreli type hasn't bought the AF house and ruined it yet

9. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Honestly? (sorry I had to, but I agree)

10. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Her* and yes you did

I'm digging this song

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  11. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Not a guy!

but okay! Y'all have changed my mind, I no longer hear Owen lol thanks for setting me straight. :upside: :upside: :upside:

bradsonemanband and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  12. I think it sounds Owen-ish to some people because

1. It's Mike's voice. We've had a billion Owen albums and no new AF stuff for 17 years. It was easy to separate them both because vocally, he's changed a lot in the last 17 years.

2. It's got more lyrics than most of the old AF songs, and the song's structure is pretty standard, rather than having lots of different parts.

Yadda yadda yadda

But musically, this sounds like classic American Football, and I'm stoked to hear the rest of the record!

nohandstoholdonto and teebs41 like this.
  13. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

everyone agrees it sounds closer to owen than the original album, no one disputes this, some people are just trying to be like "Rahrahrah i am an expert OF COURSE it sounds like owen lol idiot what did you expect!!!!"

thank god we have yall to remind us the singer of owen is the same singer of american football, whatever would we do without your Authority Expert Status

14. MegT585

Trusted

I was at work when I saw this news and literally squeeled from joy outloud. So stoked.

15. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Bout to bust a gut over people getting upset over the "it sounds like Owen" comments.

I haven't seen a single person say it's bad because it sounds like Owen...

(Though I don't personally like Mike's voice as much now.)

16. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

i'm so dumbfounded and happy this exists. what a time to be alive.

sean_rugy and bradsonemanband like this.
  17. everyone relax and rejoice for this beautiful gift we've been given

song is stellar. it's already stuck in my head after two listens, haha. seriously just what i needed the day before classes start, this is gonna be a fall record through and through.

18. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I've never really listened to Owen so to me it just sounds like an aged American Football

19. Tom

Just ordered the Silver UK Press (Limited to 250) along with the gold press cause I'm a nerd.

20. Bought tickets to the Chicago show as soon as they were announced, I can't believe it's going to be an album release show.

I discovered American Football on AP when I was a freshman in high school back in 2005 and it absolutely changed my life. I still don't know if I've completely processed this yet.

21. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

t_papaccio likes this.
  22. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

Anyone get tickets to the NYC show? On their site it redirects to the LA show..

23. Tom

Im pretty sure they go on sale Friday.

sean_rugy and h8bit like this.
  24. jols

Trusted Prestigious

the Owen self-titled was really just American Football acoustic such bs i am outraged

25. I think people are overreacting a bit to people making the Owen comparisons. I don't think anyone is actually UPSET that this new song reminds them of Owen, haha. Maybe I'm wrong.

The more Mike Kinsella music I get the better. I don't care what band it is or if anything sounds like something else. Just give me all of it! I LOVE THIS MAN.