Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Football - American Football (October 21, 2016) Album • Page 42

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Horrorca

Trusted

fuck yes!!!

I am also v drunk which makes me even more sensitive to this news article

yessssss

also not liking LP2 makes you a loser - its a 100% universal, objective truth

Toner, coleslawed, swboyd and 2 others like this.
  2. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I'll be a loser idc LP2 could not exist and I'd not mind. I know this band can do better so I'll keep checking them out and keep trying intermittently w LP2 bc I do want to like it

3. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

10 or so years ago when I discovered LP1, I never could've imagined I'd see LP2, let alone LP3. Is this real life?

bradsonemanband and coleslawed like this.
  4. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

LP1 will always be dope. LP2 was a grower than became one of my favorite albums of last year, but the album was still missing some of the longer instrumental passages that made the first album so dope. They've also brought it live and then some in the two times I've seen them since the reunion.

Definitely stoked for LP3.

5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Saw them on Monday. Surprised at how perfect everyone sounded. Mike was a little off but that's only cause he kept pulling away from the microphone lol

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

would love for them to do another record, with more instrumental sections.. think I'm going to listen to this now.. bc why not

7. Larry David

About to join you, my friend!

teebs41 likes this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

FTR: I do really like LP2.. It's a very mature sounding record, how do these guys do when they play tours? I also think the production is incredible. It couldn't live up to that LP1 hype, it had no chance.

9. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

I can't speak for any of their out of town shows, but they sounded phenomenal at both of the Chicago shows I've seen them at (New Year's Day 2015; Pitchfork Fest Aftershow 2017). They sounded amazing at the NYD 2015 show with a deep setlist to match. The Pitchfork aftershow was a good mix of new/old material. The sound there wasn't as good, but it was a much smaller venue than they typically play.

10. Horrorca

Trusted

exactly - that's the whole point

expecting LP1 pt 2 was dumb and AF would have been dumb in trying to force that into happening - I appreciated that they didn't allow outside expectations to affect their sound

looking frwd to LP3!

11. LJ Rime

Regular

I love LP2 and those songs are killer in a live setting. Getting an LP3 is insane to me. I never imagined I'd ever hear another AF album, let alone two more.

coleslawed and bradsonemanband like this.
  12. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Beyond the meme factor this is actually pretty cool

vidiviciveni and Brenden like this.
  13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

That’s awesome haha

14. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

These guys sounded pristine tonight. Really cool to finally be able to see them live and to relive some memories from freshman year. Land of Talk was excellent as well. I hadn’t listened to them before but will definitely be digging into their catalogue.

cherrywaves and teebs41 like this.
  15. cherrywaves

Trusted

Yeah, it was a great show. Never actually listened The new record, but the song sounded good live so I’ll have to check it out. I also agree that Land of Talk was exceptional

Ryan Garner likes this.
  16. cherrywaves

Trusted

However the highlight of the night was watching a sad looking petty cab driver ride up Tremont Street while playing “The Summer Ends” at full volume

Ryan Garner and bradsonemanband like this.
  17. vidiviciveni

Trusted

They're touring with these cats which I think is pretty neat

This song is a fucking jam

18. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

land of talk needs to come down to baltimore or dc what the hell guys

19. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

20. Larry David

Might be fake, but saw this:

AF.PNG

teebs41 likes this.
  21. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

Larry David likes this.
  22. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

23. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

silhouettes is very weird

teebs41 likes this.
  24. beautiful art

25. hayley williams sdafnals;kfnwe

coleslawed, AndrewSoup and teebs41 like this.