Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Football - American Football (March 22, 2019) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jols, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Haruni

Regular

some highlights

“heir apparent” is af going full on real estate w flute? and a choir
    “we could be each other’s burden”

“I can’t feel you” is my fav on first few listens. its groove and guitar interplay with airy vocals is trance inducing. then the little distorted lead that gives way to a beautiful picked acoustic section as the drums kick back in.

“my heart is an unmade bed” in “line to miss”

2. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Wait now did this actually leak?!

3. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I kind of want it now though lmao this is giving me fomo

matthaber likes this.
  4. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Someone from the pressing plant ripped it and yes it leaked. I did say it leaked yesterday but people didn't believe me so I retracted my statement. However now that people are aware of it and not coming from just me, this should clarify for you "non-believers".

Contender likes this.
  5. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

6. adeadgod

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can’t believe this is out SO far from release. Not even in the same damn year.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

that sucks

8. uh oh

9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Just when you’re thinking about sending out pms maybe think about what your decision means not only just for the band but for the people that work for the band. It effects a lot of people, do you want that responsibility on your shoulders?

coleslawed likes this.
  10. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Ok

Joe4th, Henry, oldjersey and 4 others like this.
  11. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Attached Files:

Joe4th, Henry, swboyd and 8 others like this.
  12. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

lmao

Joe4th, Dirty Sanchez and dylan like this.
  13. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I mean, a three-month-early leak does suck for the band. I certainly wouldn’t want to be the cause of that either. So I do get it. I think it’s probably gonna spread at this point no matter what, but I don’t want to personally contribute to that since it hasn’t happened yet.

14. Don't forget the context...

Attached Files:

teebs41, coleslawed, Connor and 3 others like this.
  15. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Fair enough, but my post is funnier without :shrug:

16. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Also what’s the point of moralizing about leaks on this site? Although I’ll concede that asking for PMs of leaks is not a great look

17. Connor Dec 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 13, 2018)
    Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Uhhhh leaks this early hurt bands the size of American Football. I'd say there is a very good point to moralize about leaks. If you are posting on this site, it should mean you care enough about the music and the artist to understand leaks aren't a good thing. But I also have no problem if you download a leak after having already paid for the album.

Also attacking someone for "moralizing" and trying to have a gotcha moment at them is, to use the common phrase, "not a good look"

18. beachdude

This. Also, there’s a big difference between an album leaking the day before release and three months before. And it hasn’t even fully leaked yet... but it will if those who have it start spreading it around.

Connor likes this.
  19. There are a few dutch boys in this thread with their thumbs in the dam, but I doubt those in the emo threads around Facebook and Reddit will be so considerate. If I were working with the band, I'd start planning for some early promo and perhaps another stream very soon to dilute the pirate SEO. There was a good article on Haulix a few years back about this.

beachdude and Connor like this.
  20. matthaber Dec 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 13, 2018)
    matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

the irony being you PM'd me a month before LP2 (of American Football) came out asking for me to send you the leak. ok.

Let's not act like sending an already leaked album to people is something to lose sleep over.

21. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

delete my post anywayssss

22. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I don’t disagree with you guys at all. A leak this far out SUCKS. If they’re lucky, it won’t spread to the common leak sites anytime soon, but that seems unlikely. That said, I spend A TON of money on music per year, and oftentimes it’s a result of a leak because I get excited about the music and preorder when otherwise I’d likely end up just using Apple Music. And for a band I only casually care about, like American Football, that’s almost always the case.

Plus, like, “think about what you’re doing before you send that PM do you want that responsibly on your shoulders son” is p damn condescending

oldjersey and dylan like this.
  23. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

But this isn't an already leaked album. And its very probable that someones ideas and morals about leaks could change over the last two years.

Condescending or not, its true.

coleslawed, matthaber and beachdude like this.
  24. True facts.

Connor and beachdude like this.
  25. beachdude

I'm not even saying people should feel bad for asking for the leak, that's not my point and I don't think was the main point @teebs41 was making either. I just *PERSONALLY* don't want to contribute to an album leaking that isn't widely out there yet. I don't want to personally be the reason that the band has to change their marketing plans, because I decided to send an album to as many people as possible. I think that's all a lot of us are saying. There is a difference between the point we're at now, and the album already being widely available on all the big leak sites.