Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

American Crime Story (FX) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by joe727, Apr 1, 2016.

1. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

I'm Surprised there hasn't been a new thread made about this yet.

I'm absolutely loving this so far. Hyped for the finale next week.

2. joe727

As someone who barely remembers the trial from when I was a little kid this it's crazy that I can watch an episode and wonder "did that actually happen?" and look it up see that it was nearly verbatim. Take the most recent episode for example

3. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

This show, man. This show. I keep telling people to get into it b/c it isn't anything like I expected. Such great acting performances and solidly tense.

4. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Except Travolta.

5. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

The dude who plays Darden is great.

6. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I am so far behind on this show, I need to catch up. I love it so much.

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

So insane, all of it. And what an incredible show

8. joe727 Apr 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2016)
    joe727

Such a great season. With this and 11.22.63, this has already been a great year for miniseries. I hope Fargo pulls off another incredible season this year to make the TV movie/miniseries category at the Emmys even more interesting.

Looking forward to seeing how they handle Hurricane Katrina next season. The way Murphy says they are treating the response in the aftermath of the hurricane as a crime against the underprivileged very much has my attention.

9. irthesteve

we're not getting any Fargo this year :tear:

10. supernovagirl

Speaking of miniseries, did you watch American Crime? I personally loved it but can't believe it isn't being talked about more.

11. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

This season was very entertaining. Not sure if people will stick around for a non-OJ season. Revisiting the 90s is a big thing right now.

12. irthesteve Apr 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2016)
    irthesteve

I think it's the true crime spin that the season owes itself to way more. Serial, The Jinx and Making A Murderer success helped this season so much

supernovagirl likes this.
  13. supernovagirl

Agree with both of these, so spot on. However I know I for one am definitely interested in the next season. I think a whole different demographic of people will be interested in it.

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So how long was the finale? Cuz my dvr cut it off at 1:05....

15. irthesteve

it's an hour 30............

16. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

Have to watch the finale, but was watching the actual trial footage on Esquire while I was on a plane the other day and oooof the Kato trial stuff was maddening, especially how Marcia was questioning him.

I watched Marcia and Darden's closing statements...it's insane how well that cast mostly everyone and got the little details right.

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This whole season my dvr cut it off frequently. Really should have anticipated that, and adjusted it to run long. Given FX shows running longer than usual.

18. irthesteve

Damn yeah that sucks. Luckily my DVR was able to record even when it was like, an hour 8 or whatever

19. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Really wish they had touched upon the civil trial. I suppose they hinted at it with the Goldmans in the car, but that would've really driven home the idea that OJ was so obviously guilty.

20. Cornerb0y

Load"*",8,1

My wife and I loved this show. I remember in 5th grade, my teacher stopped our math class, and turned on the TV for us to watch the verdict. I had heard about the case on and off as a kid, but didn't ever really pay attention to it. Its crazy to come back now and think of the impact that case had on America.

21. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I remember my mom used to watch the local news every day during that time, and I would see OJ's face on it every day. I was like 4 or 5. I didn't even know he was a football player until a couple years later.

22. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

What an impressive piece of work this whole season was.

Can't wait to see which crime story they go with in the second season.

23. irthesteve

Yeah that would have been interesting as well, but "People v OJ" being the title of the season kinda contains the story to this case from start to finish

24. chris-wrecker

Trusted

supernovagirl and airik625 like this.
  25. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I mean, yeah but that is 1000% part of this case's history