Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ameer Vann of Brockhampton Responds to Allegations of Sexual Misconduct

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 14, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Ameer Vann of Brockhampton has responded to allegations of sexual misconduct:

In a series of tweets on May 12, Vann addressed the allegations levied against him. Find those below. “I’ve been in relationships where I’ve fucked up and disrespected my partners. I’ve cheated and been dismissive to my exes,” he wrote. “In response to the claims of emotional and sexual abuse: although my behavior has been selfish, childish, and unkind, I have never criminally harmed anyone or disrespected their boundaries. I have never had relations with a minor or violated anybody’s consent.”

2. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

"criminally" is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence

St. Nate likes this.
  3. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I did some digging and found the tweets of the abused and yeeeesh.

4. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

"I have never criminally harmed anyone or disrespected their boundaries"

Cheating is within their boundaries?

skogsraet likes this.
  5. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Ah yes the old "I don't want to go to jail" statement. Very heartfelt.

6. heartsdietoo

It’s so depressing how common this has become. I’m inspired by these courageous women speaking out. Hopefully this movement will only strengthen and people will be held accountable. I don’t care if it’s my favorite artist/actor/etc. If you treat women like this you don’t deserve a platform.

7. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I hope the takeaway that develops from these stories continuing to come to light is that there becomes broader recognition and reflection on how many unhealthy and abusive relationships there are. This isn't a celebrity or music scene specific problem, though of course the platform provided by both provide greater opportunity for it, but it's a human problem. Unfortunately it shouldn't come as a surprise that so many artists have a track record of it, because we know how common it is overall, and they just reflect a sample of it.

I don't mean to imply that our music scene shouldn't take action - because it absolutely needs to so as to keep fans safe, and not provide a platform for terrible people to take advantage of fans, but I mean more broadly I want society to not just point at their celebrity heroes and villains, but look inward to realize the same things are happening by/to their friends, family or themselves.

8. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Yess absolutely this

9. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Aaron Mook likes this.