Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AMC Share First Five Minutes of ‘Preacher’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 18, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

I don't think this preview will spoil anything before its premiere on Sunday night, but I'm definitely intrigued.

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I know nothing about the comics and don't know much about the plot but I've been interested in watching this for months now. looking forward to Sunday.

4. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I know absolutely nothing about this. Should I?

5. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Never checked out the comics, but this show definitely looks interesting.

6. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

yes.

Fox83 likes this.
  7. johnnyutes

Vaya con Dios Supporter

Reminds me that I need to finish reading the comics

8. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

the trailer definitely has me excited for the series. I still need to do some background research on the story.

9. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Was initially worried this was going to be another Walking Dead, but the people behind it (Rogen and Goldberg, plus Breaking Bad writer Sam Catlin) has me absolutely intrigued. Also, Dominic Cooper is perennially underrated.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  10. Fox83

Trusted

I don't know if AMC will allow it, but if they stay relatively true to the source material, there are going to be a lot of people triggered by the themes and overall plot of the show. The comics were so dark and twisted. I'm really excited.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Just by the trailers and the scenes they've shown, it looks super dark and twisted (with some dry humor mixed in). This all seems right up my alley. AMC will probably let them get away with a lot of dark stuff as well.

12. Fox83

Trusted

The first season seems like it will be fairly tame if they're only dealing with the first few issues or so, which is what I'm hearing they're basing it on since it's easier on the budget.

But, if they stick to the source material (I honestly don't know how they'll do it), we're talking bestiality, inbreeding, the fact that God is an antagonist and the Messiah is, well, I don't want to spoil anything on that one. There are even worse things than that, but I don't want to list them because I don't want people avoiding the show without giving it a chance.

I'll give one more example: they dedicated one plotline to a guy that stores meat, crafted a giant meat woman out of it even, and has sex with it. Honestly, they could probably get rid of a lot of controversial stuff by eliminating just a few minor characters, so we'll see. It's really messed up. I'm making it sound more malicious than it's really designed to be. It's more like an extreme satire, but it's definitely extreme, and I can only imagine how upset people will get over it (particularly the religious).

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

That all sounds insanely great. Even more interested to start watching now.

Fox83 likes this.