Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ambient Music Thread Genre • Page 77

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Jul 1, 2016.

1. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

first album is some gorgeous(ly weird) tropical ambient

second is instrumental side project from members of The National

2. Horrorca

Trusted

another percussive one & one of my all time faves - a unique incredible sound

3. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Yet another KMRU record was released today. I think this is his third full-length of the year?

Been listening to a lot of Celer lately, plus that Hesitation album that was posted a page or two back. William Tyler's new album, New Vanitas, also has some nice ambient passages.

4. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

New bvdub and Sarah Davachi Friday also.

5. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

for those into the glitchy stuff, recent side project of the dude from Sun Glitters is out

not new, but been listening to this album a lot lately. guess i'm just really into acoustic guitar with my ambient these days.

6. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

New Waveform Transmission out Friday on Astral Industries. This one is going to be a doozy.

7. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Some great stuff worth checking out

mesi and Gjpeace like this.
  8. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

That Invention of the Human album is super interesting; I second that rec.

OotyPa likes this.
  9. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Some of the best stuff you'll hear all year.

mesi, OotyPa, Gjpeace and 1 other person like this.
  10. JM95

Trusted

The Nils Frahm record from earlier this year must be one of my most listened-to albums of the year. It's become my go-to night time album.

11. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Both gorgeous. Highly rec'd.

mesi and JM95 like this.
  12. JM95

Trusted

Thanks as ever for the recommendations, @OotyPa. Enjoying pinkcourtesyphone so far.

OotyPa likes this.
  13. mesi

Regular

Thanks everyone for all the recent recos, I am kind of struggling to keep up tho.

New Meitei came out this week.

New Ana Roxanne will be out on Kranky in November, first track is amazing.

Another album I really like from earlier this year is this Offthesky and Humble Bee compilation:

OotyPa likes this.
  14. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

The new Anna Von Hausswolff album is purely instrumental, all played on an organ. I’m not sure I’d call it ambient, really, but if you like Kali Malone and Sarah Davachi’s newest, then you’ll probably like this one too.

15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

adore those new Meitei and Waveform Transmission records.

discovered this beauty today. sounds how the cover looks.

16. JM95

Trusted

17. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Fantastic new album from Halftribe

Haruni and OotyPa like this.
  18. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

The new Mary Lattimore album is the best thing she's ever done. Song 3 is incredible.

Haruni likes this.
  19. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Love love love this album.

20. new to this thread and really this particular style of music - what a treasure trove of stuff to dive into!

I really like the new Mary lattimore record and I want to find more in that style

wisdomfordebris, OotyPa and JM95 like this.
  21. Horrorca

Trusted

Mary Lattimore keeps getting better & better - new album is glorious

excellent to start the day in peace or to wind down at night

OotyPa and JM95 like this.
  22. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Blissfully floating away tonight to Marsen Jules and the book The Sound of Waves by Yukio Mishima. Yall should join me on this ethereal plane with this flawless album.

Haruni likes this.
  23. Haruni

Regular

this sounds amazing. will have to check out that boom as well

OotyPa likes this.
  24. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

always loved what ive heard of Marsen Jules, but need to explore his stuff more. track 3 till the end of this one is phenomenal. digging deeper into his discography this week.

the book is great so far. my entry point into Mishima and i definitely want to check his other stuff now. dreamy hypnotic prose, like the title implies, and the plot is v simple: a post-war, first-love story on a remote island. this one isn't his breakout or masterpiece or anything, but it's accessible. the author's got an interesting(/fucked up) background if you dont know it--could definitely lose yourself in a wikipedia rabbithole learning about him haha.

25. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

New Paperbark double album out today.

mesi and OotyPa like this.