Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ambient Music Thread Genre • Page 60

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Jul 1, 2016.

1. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

This is one of the best records so far this year in my eyes, check it out.

OotyPa and Haruni like this.
  2. Haruni

Regular

Holy crap. Honestly, I’ve been fairly lukewarm on a lot of this stuff recently but this is amazing. Getting Laurel Halo vibes.

3. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Highly recommend everyone check out the new Chocolate Hills album.

4. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Two things:

1) I’ve been listening to Konoyo again, and it really is fucking magnificent

2) Probably helps that it’s not very long if you don’t count the redone tracks, but Pianoworks is quickly becoming my most-played Eluvium album (at least since I first discovered Copia). He really nailed what he was going for. I’ve been playing it at work, too, and a customer actually had me write the name of it down for him which is the first time that’s ever happened lol.

OotyPa likes this.
  5. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

New Oren Ambarchi is beautiful `Simian Angel`.

6. Horrorca

Trusted

this has become my best friend for studying - I still hold it slightly below AAMITCOD but it is truly wonderful

M. Cooper is easily one of my favorite of all time - he hasn’t messed up a single time if you ask me - actually, he has nailed it every time

he is really great at creating what I can only describe as memory music... where the concept & the music itself is a contemplation of memory which in itself is a contemplation of the human condition & life for obvious reasons

v special

0rb, Gjpeace and wisdomfordebris like this.
  7. Haruni

Regular

This ever get posted in here? Good stuff. I remember someone here was a big fan of human story.

OotyPa likes this.
  8. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Good album. I only listened to it once upon release, and it was much darker than I expected it to be, while still keeping James Ferraro's signature charm. I should come back to it soon.

9. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

New Rafael Anton Irisarri is out today.

10. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

The new Rafael Anton Irisarri is excellent, but a little too cold/isolating/wintry for June. Might return to it in a couple months.

This subtle beauty also came out recently and is worth a listen.

I also highly recommend Gregory Taylor's new album Retinue for something less subtle, which isn't on Bandcamp but you can find it on streaming.

11. Horrorca

Trusted

that would be me! thanks for the heads-up!

12. mesi

Regular

13. Haruni

Regular

Anyone heard of this? A breezy listen but pretty good company on this summer day. There’s a windy & Carl track on it too.

Pure Sounds | Pure Michigan

14. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Very enjoyable comp, thanks for sharing. The breezy sun-drenched vibe of this is also prevalent in the Suplington record that came out in March. Def check it out if you haven't yet.

15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

This was posted in the Underground Dance Music thread though I think it fits better here. Finally listening to this and it's excellent.

Gjpeace likes this.
  16. Horrorca

Trusted

17. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I don't know why I had trouble getting into her last one after loving bells end the day, but this new one is immediately my thing.

18. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Kyle Bobby Dunn has been lashing out at people and threatening suicide on Twitter tonight. Apparently he’s been accused of abusive behavior/harassment? Rafael Anton Irisarri and the guy from 36 have both chimed in, and it appears his label has dropped him. But I can’t find the original allegations. Anybody know what the story is here?

19. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Shit...This is my first time hearing about that.

(Also just reminded me that I preordered the FHTE silver boxset which still hasn't arrived.)

20. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Actually, it appears a lot of this happened last night although KBD has tweeted at one or two people this evening. I still can’t find specifics, but what Rafael and other people have said makes it sound pretty bad. His reactions on Twitter make it pretty clear that he needs some help.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  21. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Yeah, yikes, definitely not looking good.

22. mesi

Regular

Oh my, this is so bad and a major bummer. I have no idea as to the extent of it all, but this part alone makes me sick.

23. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

24. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

So after seeing Midsommar, I'm just now hearing about The Haxan Cloak and wondering why I'm just now hearing about him.

25. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Man, that really sucks. I hope everything settles soon and he gets the help he needs.