Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ambient Music Thread Genre • Page 49

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Jul 1, 2016.

1. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

I do see we will get new Winged Victory in 2019 featuring Ben Frost. That's at the very least exciting.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  2. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Really enjoying the new Pop Ambient mix put together by Wolfgang Voigt this morning.

I really love mixes of ambient stuff apparently. That Mono No Aware compilation from PAN is one of my most listened-to albums. Any recommendations for other mixes/compilations that work as well as that one?

3. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Gjpeace likes this.
  4. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Whoa really? That is v exciting

5. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Does anyone still listen to Balmorhea, they make beautiful instrumental stuff

sonder likes this.
  6. Horrorca

Trusted

7. Horrorca

Trusted

Invisible Pyramid is unfuckingbelievable

also try to find the Jewelled Antler collective box set - can’t find it and my copy is somewhere lost v___v

Gjpeace likes this.
  8. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

These are worth checking.

Gjpeace likes this.
  9. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Thanks, everybody. Excited to check these out over the next few days!

10. Haruni

Regular

watching that amazon show Forever and in one episode I recognized songs by Nils Frahm and Stars of the Lid. pretty cool.

11. OotyPa Dec 27, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 27, 2018)
    OotyPa

fall away Supporter

These year-end lists have sent me to ambient paradise. I've been checking album after album and so many of them are gold. Really loved the albums from 4023, Paperbark / r beny, Pariah, Ipek Gorgun, and Objekt so far.

Currently listening to this beauty. Had no idea she released something this year.

12. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Any of you ever heard of Kassel Jaeger? He was part of the recent Oren Ambarchi's Face Time release. I'm checking out his first available album Deltas and it's truly out of this world. I'm pretty sure I've never heard anything like this.

Haruni likes this.
  13. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Bought the remastered Amman / Josh album because I saw Hammock post about it on Instagram and my god it’s lovely. No idea how I’d never heard it before

14. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Feels kinda weird to say this, but Yo La Tengo’s “Shortwave” might be my favorite ambient track released this year. It’s totally blissful to me.

15. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Seriously you all should check this out

Places, by Amman / Josh

16. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Also, Universalis is the best Hammock record in quite some time, no?

17. Horrorca

Trusted

18. Horrorca

Trusted

I’m a big fan of the pop / post rock-oriented records tbh - it’s what differentiates them from the rest for me

that said, their more classical / ambient stuff is really good too

19. Horrorca

Trusted

TRGO is a rock ambient masterpiece IMO and sort of day to And Then Nothing’s night

would love some more rock ambient records

20. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I got a bit tired of their heavier stuff! Especially when their vocals were involved. I love that this new album has traces of it but I’m glad they held back.

OotyPa likes this.
  21. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

New DJ Healer:

yung_ting and OotyPa like this.
  22. Horrorca

Trusted

Fronnyfron likes this.
  23. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Wish there was at least a digital bandcamp purchase of that DJ Healer. Also, I hate when they give a tracklist but its actually just one song on SoundCloud. I'm so picky lol.

24. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

25. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

OotyPa likes this.