Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ambient Music Thread Genre • Page 47

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Jul 1, 2016.

1. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

My Limpid As The Solitudes vinyl arrived yesterday and it’s practically been on loop in my home since.

2. Horrorca

Trusted

Shabason easily a top 10 record of the year for me - beautiful stuff

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  3. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

As the year comes to a close less and less comes out. With that being said, Lubomyr Melnyk and Hammocks new records come out this Friday :)

4. OotyPa Dec 5, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 5, 2018)
    OotyPa

fall away

So pumped for both those records.

Haven't posted here in awhile so I'm dropping a few gems. The Hayashi and Hatchback records came out recently. Deep Magic is Sun Araw's Alex Gray.

Haruni likes this.
  5. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Will check out Deep Magic.

Autechre released my favorite material in 2018. NTS Sessions 1-4 is incredible in every way and is a sonic mindfuck from start to finish. They released a new 11 minute song today.

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/42924

6. Horrorca

Trusted

those NTS sessions are sick

7. Horrorca

Trusted

Kelly Moran joined jesu live tonight - incredible

8. heartmorke

"An atmosphere that, by its dramaturgy, the repetition of loops, their variations,
    can remind William Basinski's Disintegration Loops"

9. Haruni

Regular

Dig all the stuff posted recently. That Maze & Lindholm is a standout for me.

Also, I’ve been returning to this a ton the past week. Good company for the snow. RIP

10. Horrorca

Trusted

oh man Azusa Plane

one of the saddest weirdest stories

r.i.p.

11. OotyPa

fall away

Never heard of her, will definitely check that this week.

Still have yet to hear the Hammock and Lubomyr Melnyk records but I’m damn stoked based on the singles released a few weeks back. It’s been a primarily ambient winter for me so far.

Excited to also put together my year-end list for this genre. It was such a good year for experimental music.

12. Horrorca

Trusted

can confirm both Hammock and Lubomyr are very good :)

13. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

I also can confirm this. This year has been very special in this genre. Excited to see what next year has in store. Hopefully a new Stars of the Lid album...

wisdomfordebris and OotyPa like this.
  14. Horrorca

Trusted

the holy grail

15. Haruni

Regular

Spent most of the snow day yesterday listening to Tim Hecker on vinyl. Ravedeath is the best album ever.

Also that Blake Mills ep that got lead review on pitchfork today is pretty good.

16. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

A Winged Victory for the Sullen has a new album out next year, and thankfully it's not based on some external dance group, but their own internal thoughts and ideas and emotions

17. Horrorca

Trusted

I mean, Atomos was incredible so not sure what the complaint is...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: great news tho!!!

18. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

It was nowhere near their self-titled release, imo; the emotional beauty and connection on that release was absent on Atomos. They wrote music for a dance piece, versus writing music for ideas and emotions, from what I could tell. Hopefully with this release we get something truly incredible again (Steep Hills is my #1 song of all time)

19. Horrorca

Trusted

will listen to both and share my thoughts

but

I think Atomos is very emotional too and the way it uses the electronic touches gives it a nice palette that differentiates it from other sotl / awvfts releases

20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

My girlfriend cried when she first heard "Steep Hills"

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  21. Horrorca

Trusted

Steep Hills is incredible - no doubt

22. Haruni

Regular

apparently this came out last year. never heard of her but I’ll be checking out her other stuff.

OotyPa likes this.
  23. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

This is out today on Latency (same label Laurel Halos masterpiece came out on this year):

Haruni and OotyPa like this.
  24. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

learning about this Kelly Moran album only this past weekend has really fucked my up AOTY list tbh. I blame everyone here for not turning me onto this earlier

25. OotyPa

fall away

Amazing record. maybe if you stopped by more often, you would have seen we were all over that shit when it came out;-)

Haruni and matthaber like this.