Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ambient Music Thread Genre • Page 46

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Horrorca

Trusted

wow Cliffside is awesome

I’m so sad that the side project they did didn’t really make me feel anything but indifference - on paper it was perfect

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  2. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I think you’d dig the Janek Schaefer record a lot. Very much in the vein of The Caretaker.

To meet more of your dark ambient needs, look no further than Klara Lewis & Simon Fisher Turner‘s new record. Its one of my favorites of 2018 so far.

Also dont sleep on Motohiko Hamase’s Reminescence. I posted the youtube link a couple pages back as its old and very rare, but undeniably gorgeous (I post a lot of old rare japanese ambient and im not sure if anyone else listens tbh, but those albums at the very least mean a great deal to me)

And you’d obv be into the new Felicia Atkinson/Jefre record too.

Haruni likes this.
  3. Horrorca

Trusted

OotyPa likes this.
  4. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

bvdub surprise released another LP today and it's amazing and the story behind it is also amazing.

mesi and Haruni like this.
  5. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

limpid as the solitudes is perfect. pretty immediately one of my favorites of the year. just ordered the green vinyl.

6. Haruni

Regular

Anybody have the new tape loop orchestra?

7. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

I am at work this evening, but its up on redacted. Will snatch when I get home and make a link for ya bud.

8. Haruni

Regular

OotyPa likes this.
  9. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

10. PauLo

43% Burnt

I dunno where else to put this, but By The Throat by Ben Frost is 10 years old next year and I can’t get over that fact. WHERE HAS 10 YEARS GONE???

amorningofsleep likes this.
  11. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Love me some Ben Frost. He did a score for Dark and I'm still waiting for it to be released.

12. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Frakkur is out today. Side stuff from Jonsi of Sigur Ros. 24 songs, 108 minutes. Probably is on streaming services (I don't use any so I don't know)

OotyPa likes this.
  13. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

It’s on streaming and I’m listening now. Pretty excellent so far.

14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

the Kelly Moran album slaps

wisdomfordebris and OotyPa like this.
  15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

y'all really weren't kidding about this M. Geddes Gengras record. just totally grabs and envelops you.

16. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

This comes out Friday and it should be good.

17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Received this press release email this morning. Looks like Sigur Ros is creating an “endless ambient mixtape,” and 3 separate playlists from it (with new songs and remixes) are now available on streaming. Excited to dive in today.

18. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

I also received said email @OotyPa . Just finished listening to that Lawrence English Cortini live album and its so great on a wintery day in northern Ontario.

19. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Fronnyfron likes this.
  20. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

21. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Whoa

22. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

I'm listening to the new Blake Mills record, Look, and really enjoying it. I guess this is the place to post about it? He produced the last Perfume Genius record and a bunch of other stuff (Fiona Apple's last one too, I think?), but his solo material has always been really good, kinda weird singer-songwriter stuff. This new one is totally instrumental and verges on ambient at times. It certainly has a lot more in common with the other stuff posted in here than his earlier work. Pretty cool, I'd definitely recommend it.

OotyPa likes this.
  23. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

OotyPa likes this.
  24. Horrorca

Trusted

Schaefer is great!! agreed on the Caretaker vibes - thx!

OotyPa likes this.
  25. Horrorca

Trusted