Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ambient Music Thread Genre • Page 45

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Horrorca

Trusted

this is v good - some very interesting sounds and general approach to synth music

first and last tracks are lovely (the first one has some v interesting synth patches going on)

2. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Did all of you know about this live album from Ian William Craig and just neglected to mention it? Because I’m listening to it for the first time, and it’s stunning.

3. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I listened to the new Ian and the Sigur Ros comparison is spot on. Requires more listens, it seems noticeably denser and darker than his previous to me.

Also just discovered this wonderful little album. It's also on streaming. For fans of Mary Lattimore.

4. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Speaking of Mary Lattimore, her album with Meg Baird comes out tomorrow. So does Etelin (new project from Alex Cobb), who is the creator of ambient label Students of Decay. But really who gives a shit about either because 2 new Bibio songs to commence Phantom Brickworks comes out tomorrow on Warp!

Bibio

OotyPa likes this.
  5. OotyPa Nov 9, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 9, 2018)
    OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Bibio tracks are great.

Also new Felicia Atkinson with Jefre Cantu-Ledesma. It's gorgeous, as expected.

Also check out the Etelin record @0rb mentioned. Really warm and magical-sounding.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  6. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Really loving the new Objekt last few days.

yung_ting and Fronnyfron like this.
  7. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

@Horrorca just a friendly reminder the new Joseph Shabason record comes out Friday.

Haruni and OotyPa like this.
  8. Horrorca

Trusted

thanks @0rb ! I’m v excited

also just heard Basinki will be performing DLs with the Chicago Philarmonic in February - might have to fly to that!!

9. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Back to share more shit that no one will listen to. Woohoo! These albums also release on Friday--really looking forward to them.

Haruni likes this.
  10. Haruni

Regular

Pfft, I listen to everything posted in here.

Looks like that Maze & Lindholm is already in Apple Music. It gets pretty dark. I dig it.

Forgot completely forgot about new Joseph Shabason. Looking forward to that one.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  11. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Was feeling angsty last night when I posted that lolz. I really do appreciate you all :heart: Here's a gorgeously lush ambient-techno album mastered by Rafael Anton Irisarri as an apology. Perfect for the snowy weather.

12. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Joseph Shabason album is everything I wanted. I think I like it more than Aytche. This year has been great for ambient (and yet, every year is great for ambient).

Check this aquatic ambient record released in 2012. Been really into the ambient/experimental label Aguirre lately.

13. Horrorca

Trusted

listened to the Shabason record and it’s great

first impression is that it’s a little bit more song-oriented?

will explore further

what else do you guys recommend from yr recent postings? I have trouble keeping up with everything - there’s a ton of non-ambient shit I need to check out too!!

14. Horrorca

Trusted

Kelly Moran added to Hospital Fest NY!!!

15. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

So weird, just opened the thread to post

16. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

this shabason record is great!

SO excited to see that felicia & jefre put out another album.

OotyPa likes this.
  17. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

centres for me, but the point's the same

konoyo is absolutely incredible though, and this cooler weather has only made me appreciate it more

18. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

limpid as the solitudes is wonderful so far. strikes way more of a balance than the first one. (which is an album i like a lot but i have to be in a very specific mood for.)

OotyPa likes this.
  19. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

20. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Oh, thanks for posting that. O’Rourke is responsible for two of my favorite albums this year, so I’m definitely excited about that.

21. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

It doesn't come out until Friday but I have mp3s of it if you want them, PM me bud.

22. Horrorca

Trusted

Ambarchi and O'R are both amazing - will check that out thx

23. Horrorca

Trusted

24. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

New hammock songs are quite lovely. Happy they seem to be moving away from the shoegaze thing

25. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Not gonna hold my breath but if cliffside is as loud as it gets then this will be my favorite hammock record