Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Amazon Debuts Amazon Music Unlimited

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Sarah Perez, writing for TechCrunch, on Amazon’s new music streaming service, “Amazon Music Unlimited”:

Rumors have been swirling around Amazon’s plans to launch its own, standalone music streaming service, and now those reports have been proven out: the company is today announcing the launch of Amazon Music Unlimited. This new, on-demand streaming service offers access to tens of millions of songs, and is available for $7.99 per month for Prime members, or $9.99 per month for non-Prime members. Amazon has also launched a “for Echo” subscription plan that lets you listen only on its connected speakers for just $3.99 per month.

2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Will check out... i like spotify, but i'm not married to it. And since i'm already a prime member, makes it all the more temping. Plus, i just trust Amazon to do this well.

slickdtc likes this.
  3. Saw this being advertised on Amazon this morning, didn't catch that it was an entirely new service though. Even though I'm generally anti-streaming-service (RIP Rdio/Mog), the idea of getting an Echo and paying $4 a month for it (her?) to play almost anything issss rather tempting.

4. Fox83

Trusted

I'm still getting my $5/month student rate with Spotify (one of the few perks of being grad student in his 30's), so until Amazon can match that, I'll probably stay put and supplement with my Prime Music.

5. jorbjorb

7 rings

let me know how the mobile interface is guys

6. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I'll pick this up just to replace Spotify for my Echo. I use Apple Music on my phone.

7. Fox83

Trusted

I did a bit of a stress test by searching a few artists and albums that are consistently unavailable on Apple/Spotify and the results are the same. So, with verrry minimal research, I'm led to believe that it's likely as good as Apple/Spotify but there won't be many surprises in terms of their overall catalog of music.