Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Amanda Knox (Netflix, 2016) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Netflix Documentary. Premiering at TIFF on Sept. 9 and dropping on Netflix Sept. 30.

I must have been living under a rock during this period, because I don't remember hearing about this case.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It was huge on HLN. I fucking hate that network, but it was all they played in Army dining facilities for four years. lol

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  3. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Gotta love Nancy Grace.

4. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

She's from where I live here in Seattle so it was a huge story, always on the local news.

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Interesting

6. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I'm really into this

7. Official trailer.

supernovagirl likes this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'll definitely watch this

9. Mr. Dennis

On the Free from PSG

Solid cameo of trump being trump

10. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

So bummed this hasn't shown up online yet (I obviously don't have Netflix) but can't wait to see it

11. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

This was alright. Interesting enough case. Not sure what I think actually happened, but Knox definitely seems like she knows something.

12. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

Definitely wasn't the best doc i've seen in 2016, but I wasn't familiar with alot of details of this case so i found it pretty interesting. I'm pretty convinced of her innocence, it really reminded me of the West Memphis Three situation.

13. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I firmly believe she's guilty. I also don't like how I think she's guilty of murder and there were shots of places I go by every day living in Seattle lol

14. joe727

Why? The only hard DNA evidence linking her to the crime scene was minuscule, unreliable, and deemed inconclusive. All other evidence is incredibly circumstantial.

15. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Everything circumstantial is what makes me think that lol I don't know just the way she acted about the whole thing and talks about it gives me the creeps. Obviously she shouldn't be in jail for it but I think she definitely had something to do with it.

16. joe727

I just chalked the way she acted up to her being kind of a quirky weird person. Her personality isn't the type Italian police and prosecutors are used to at all so it really did her no favors.

17. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I also don't believe she didn't notice the blood on the mat right away (believing she's innocent and had just come home). If your roommate has just been brutally murdered you're not showing any emotion at all? Just chillin kissing your boyfriend outside?

18. joe727

I didn't get why people tried to make something out of that and tried to draw a conclusion based off that at all. I thought she looked like a girl in obvious shock being comforted by her boyfriend.

The only real thing that you could look at and say "we got something here" was Rafael and Amanda changing their stories in interrogation, but that can easily be chalked up to the police trying to manipulate them into giving a false confession.

19. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

I watched this last night and was pretty underwhelmed. I don't know if she did it or not, but she definitely is creepy.

20. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I thought she seemed guilty because of the way she talked about it more than anything. Yes, extremely circumstantial, and like @TheWater(s) said, she shouldn't be in jail, but I still felt like she was hiding something.

Thursdaysox likes this.
  21. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

that Nick Pisa guy from the Daily Mail is a slimy piece of shit. he's so happy to be on the front page of papers all over the world and couldn't seem to care less that what got him there was someone being murdered.

guess that's journalism though.

22. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

holy shit this made me laugh so fucking hard when he showed up. "we should boycott Italy"

scariest part is that i couldn't tell if that part was filmed in 2007-2010ish or just yesterday because he's probably said the same damn thing recently haha

23. Yeah this guy is making it hard to watch. He's a terrible person.

24. Kuri44

This documentary really made me believe that she's 100% innocent. The detective is an idiot and bases all his evidence off pure speculation. He's got some crazy story made up in his head. Rudy did it. Case closed.

25. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

You didn't think she seems a little off at all? I'm not saying she's guilty... but 100% innocent? I don't know.