Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alvvays Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by MrRobot, Apr 1, 2016.

1. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

Does anyone listen to them? I never saw them talked about much, if at all, around AP, but they seem like a group who should have gained at least a little bit of a following. Their debut might be my favorite of 2014, the more I listen to it.

2. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

The best band. Finally seeing them this month.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

We did this

4. MrRobot

This is probably my favorite performance of theirs.

brandon_260 likes this.
  5. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Yep, mine too. Probably what sold me on the band beyond Archie.

6. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

7. cwhit

8. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I finally got to see Party Police live last night and it was so cathartic.

9. MrRobot

I can't believe I'm only just now finding out they've been playing new songs live. I missed their Coachella set and had no idea.

Loving this one.

10. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Oh yeah they played three new ones when I saw them so a new album has to be out this year. New Haircut was my fave.

MrRobot likes this.
  11. MrRobot

Yeah, the album is definitely coming. Hopefully they announce it before too long.

Looks like they've been at it to some extent for a bit.

12. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I found the album on vinyl today for $13. Maybe the cheapest I've found an LP in Canada.

13. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Easily my favorite album of 2014. I listened to it almost every other day for about 8 months before I finally put it down for a while last summer. There's nothing particularly special about it beyond how good the songwriting is and somehow that kind of makes it better. Also it reminds me a lot of a female fronted companion record to Real Estate s/t which is my favorite guitar album since however long it's been since it came out. Really hoping for a new album soon though I wasn't bowled over by the new stuff when I saw them.

14. MrRobot

I think for me, the sound of it just perfectly comes together. It's such a carefree, feel-good album for me (despite the fact that it's actually pretty sad lyrically in a lot of places) and is one of those I just throw on when I don't feel in the particular mood for anything super upbeat, or super sad. It's just a really good comfort album for me.

15. zmtr

Trusted

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

16. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

!!!!!!!!

17. cwhit

Sebas and zmtr like this.
  18. zmtr

Trusted

AHHHHHHHHHHH

19. zmtr

Trusted

Well.. that was amazing. I fucking love this band.

20. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Was hoping for a summer release but I'm just happy to have anything at this point haha

21. Sebas

Cannot even contain how stoked I am to see them in November! New material sounds great

22. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Didn't move quickly enough on tickets and now Chicago is sold out ugh