Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Altered Carbon (Netflix) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Releases on Feb. 2nd.

I'm super curious about this. Can't tell if it's gonna be good or not, but I'm excited to see Netflix produce a high budget sci-fi series like this. First episode is directed by Miguel Sapochnik, who's known for directing a couple of the more epic episodes of Game of Thrones.

Side note: slight Ghost in a Shell (American remake) vibes with the concept of an Asian person being resurrected as a white person.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I kinda love Joel as of late, so I'm into this.

3. Excited to check this out Fri. Been hearing mostly positive things.

4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

This looks dope. I'm excited to check it out too.

5. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

This looks promising

6. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Episode 1 is great, heavy Blade Runner vibes so I’m in.

7. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Takes a bit to get going but ramps up to an amazing finale.

8. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Finished episode 1. Some clunky dialogue & bad acting but the visuals & fight scenes more than made up for it. Hope the rest of the season is as fun

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Daughter playing out the first episode has me sold.

10. It's rough in some parts, but overall I really enjoyed this. Also, we get to see a bunch of POCs kick ass, which is cool. There's a lot of gratuitous nudity throughout, but you could argue that it fits within the context of how people view the human body/skins in this society.

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Babymetal is in this too. lol. This show is made for me.

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

interrogation episode was such a snooze

13. Wasn't sold in this until the last 4 episodes. They were fantastic. I loved the episode about his past.

14. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

Well this show was brutal, but i liked it. The visual was just stunning. Also this could have been a remarkable video game. I'm hoping we'll get season 2.

15. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Just finished. Took a couple episodes for me to get into it but towards the middle I found myself really enjoying it. It’s far from perfect, there’s some less than stellar acting and dialogue in parts but it was interesting and entertaining for sure. There was quite a bit going on towards the end, I’m not entirely sure I even fully understand what happened haha.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I want a second season, but Netflix kinda fucked it with limited marketing and a turd of a Cloverfield movie.

Shakriel likes this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Matt Frewer is amazing at playing the weirdest fucking characters.

18. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I loved this, but it’s definitely going to be hard to catch on. The dialogue is 97% sci-fi jargon and it just constantly keeps throwing new concepts and rules at you. I kinda think the ending sucked but I guess it worked as an open ended finale that could work either way regarding 2nd season or a cancellation.

Also, the Tragedy of Poe. I weep.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I really started to like this after the first few episodes, I think the show just needed to find its way. I had quite a few complaints in the first 2 episodes and it kind of dropped off in the last few.

Still really enjoyed it, even though it had its flaws. Definitely hoping for a season 2.

20. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Limited marketing??? I swear I saw ads all over Facebook and it was an ad in so many YouTube videos. I was excited for months because of how many ads I was seeing everywhere lol

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Guess that stuff never showed up for me. I had read a few articles saying it was underwhelming.

I think I liked the end of this? The final fight sequences were pretty laughable outside of Lizzie being the biggest badass.

The women (and hotel) were the real highlights of this show. Lachman is so awesome. Loved her in this and Agents of SHIELD.

I wanted more of the biker guy who did ten accents. lol

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Man what a frustrating show. The overarching concept of the stacks and sleeves, etc, is SO good. There’s a ton you could do with it, but the characterization and the plotting is just all over the map. I feel like in the hands of better writers (and a few better actors) this really could be something special, but I ultimately felt disappointed.

Garrett L. and SpyKi like this.
  23. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I haven't finished it yet but I feel the same so far.

24. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Agreed

25. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter