Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Allister Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Fox83, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Fox83

Trusted

[​IMG]

Allister is an American pop punk band from Chicago, Illinois. The four-piece formed in 1994 and were one of the first bands to sign to Drive-Thru Records. To date, they have released five studio albums – 1999's Dead Ends and Girlfriends, 2002's Last Stop Suburbia, 2005's Before the Blackout, 2010's Countdown to Nowhere, and 2012's Life Behind Machines.

2. Fox83

Trusted

I didn't see a thread dedicated to the band. Last Stop Suburbia is still an album I revisit for some pure pop punk nostalgia (and it holds up really well!), so I felt like they deserved some discussion.

3. btr

Trusted Supporter

Are they on hiatus again? I saw them in 2014 on a short run with MxPx and haven't heard from them since. They would have been perfect for Warped Tour this year.

Fox83 likes this.
  4. Fox83

Trusted

They sort of went dark with updates a year or two go. Considering Scott released that album in Japan with Rivers Cuomo, I'm guessing they aren't focused on the band at the moment.

I also saw that show btw. Zebrahead was there too. I love all three bands, so I was pumped to see them all, but the Cincinnati show was a pretty empty turnout. It almost felt like a private show just for me though. Ha. When you tour and promote mostly overseas though, I guess that's what happens.

btr likes this.
  5. fastlife

Regular Supporter

So pumped for this.

Fox83 likes this.
  6. Fox83

Trusted

This is great! I really want to hear how they rerecorded and polished Dead Ends and Girlfriends tracks.

Nick Jagger likes this.
  7. Fox83

Trusted

Nick Jagger and fastlife like this.
  8. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

Hidden in Plainview also posted the same thing! Could be the openers for the upcoming Something Corporate reunion tour

Fox83 and Paulms85 like this.
  9. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

fastlife and Fox83 like this.
  10. fastlife

Regular Supporter

Allister was my favorite band back in the day, wish were playing the east coast. Considering traveling just to catch em in Detroit.

WadeCastle and Matt Chylak like this.
  11. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

do it. they still crush it live, went to this a couple years ago and it was awesome, i got drunk, saw so many friends and the line up was stacked all night long!

[​IMG]

fastlife likes this.