Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Allied (Robert Zemeckis, November 23rd 2016) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 3, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

also starring Lizzy Caplan, Matthew Goode, Jared Haris

[​IMG]

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

So Mr. And Mrs. Smith, but set in Morocco. Strong cast though.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

4. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

sure, why not

5. marceting

Trusted

Looks good, I'm in.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Marion will get me to see just about anything.

8. Saw this over the weekend. Pretty solid, though not nearly as suspenseful as trailers and TV spots make it look. Way more of a romance flavor than suspense.

Great performances by all, and the length of time it took to get to the main plot was awesome. Didn't know Lizzy Caplan was in this before I saw the movie so that was a nice surprise, even if she wasn't in it much.

9. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like what I've read makes it seem like this is to Hitchocockian thrillers what Far From Heaven is to the films of Sirk. I'm excited to see it now.

10. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

So this is actually excellent. Throwback to the espionage thrillers of the 40s and 50s with just a bit more grit. Zemeckis really has a grasp on how to make digital work here. The texture of the image feels to key to this movie and it's a rare instance where I'm actually glad it wasn't shot on film stock. Glad we have guys like Zemeckis and Spielberg still making movies like this. The scene on the airfield absolutely wrecked me. Marion's costume design is totally on point here too.

@cshadows2887 Have you seen this thing yet? Feels totally up your alley.

jkauf likes this.
  11. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

No I was actually on the fence about it but now I totally will. Maybe this weekend.

brandon_260 likes this.
  12. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Really, really dug this.

13. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Finally saw this this. I loved it

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

liked most of this. felt sanitized in a few areas but hit the other notes really well. bobby z's best since cast away