Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Allegations of Inappropriate Comments Surround Real Friends Member’s Dad

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

A woman has come forward to allege inappropriate comments were made by Kyle Fasel’s (Real Friends) father. Apparently Mr. Fasel attends shows often and drives fans around. The screen shots allege these comments started when the woman was 14.

Dan Lampton of the band has said they will be responding in more detail later today.

2. _unproductive

Regular

Wasn't this an issue when his dad was on tour with them as their driver? They let him run their twitter for a day and it was a disaster. Pretty sure they pulled him off their account when he said some very inappropriate stuff. They ended up deleting most of what he posted.

3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

wow. It would suck to have to come to the realization that your dad is a weirdo. Hopefully they don’t freeze up and make the right move which is telling dad to stay home.

CMilliken and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  4. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I can't imagine they'd be learning any/much new information about his behaviour, except having to accept or address that his behaviour is completely out of line.

5. ~pukes in mouth~

6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Those messages on Twitter from him are really creepy and weird. I have faith that Dan and Real Friends will address this appropriately.

7. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

So the man was basically using his son's clout to meet up with teenagers? That's an entirely new level of creepy.

8. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Fuck, I know what it’s like to be embarrassed by your parents but this is something else. Creepy twenty-somethings grow up to be creepy fifty-somethings if the problem isn’t addressed

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

This is a bizarre one, and fucked.

10. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

ew dude

11. schackbr

Regular

.....jesus. Unfortunate for both the girls and the band. As stated before, so bizarre.

12. zachmacD

Trusted

lol this shit is unreal

13. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Though I don’t listen to the band, I recall Dan making some super ignorant remarks about women in the scene. Nice to see he admitted he was wrong, apologize, and say he’s been better educated on the matter since then.

14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

carrytheweird likes this.
  15. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

16. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Generally picking your dad to be part of your tour group would be a safe bet. Feel terrible for the girls and the band as well.

17. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

It's incredibly awkward they've resorted to referring to him as their "driver".

zachmacD likes this.
  18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I feel like they should have acknowledged that he was the guy's dad somehow

19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, they wrote his first and last name. I think people can figure it out. And I don’t think think it really matters if the driver was one of the members’ dads or not.

trevorshmevor and tdlyon like this.
  20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah that's a good point, I guess this seems more professional

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Good response to a weird situation. Hope the girls are okay. Wonder how Kyle feels about this...

zachmacD likes this.
  22. jorbjorb

7 rings

That's one creepy dad.

23. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Yikes that is an awful situation. Feel terrible for the girl and the guy's son. What a creep.

24. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Damn thats awkward as hell