Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Time Low Band • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

95% of All Time Low songs all sound the same to me, so I am happy when they release something that doesn't sound the same. So I am super into Birthday, and I really liked a handful of tracks off the last album.

2. BlackwingE

Trusted

New song is terrible.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Well here's your answer, they are released as a double single

JaytotheGee likes this.
  4. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Can you read

ryanfears, JaytotheGee and irthesteve like this.
  5. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Panic did something like this for Silver Lining/Say Amen (both on FBR), so honestly it could be more than the double single.

irthesteve and ccsc918 like this.
  6. ccsc918

existing

Thats what i meant when i said they might be doing another album

7. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I definitely think this is the start of a new album cycle, but we might not see the album for another 6 months or so.

ryanfears likes this.
  8. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

musicfan9795 likes this.
  9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

My god I love Birthday. I've listened to it so much today. Such a fun song and a fantastic summer jam.

10. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I love both these songs. Birthday gives me All American Rejects vibes, and that chorus in Everything Is Fine is SO damn fun.

11. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  12. REALLY makes me wonder if the next record will be some return to form. Maybe some Don't Panic-esque stuff.

I wish they'd follow the path of LYR, but they're gonna do whatever they want and I'll probably enjoy it.

smowashere likes this.
  13. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Considering I’ve never heard an atl song on the radio until the last album cycle, you’d think they would continue on with that style. Not that radio success is everything of course, or even the goal, but still it surprises me

14. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

LYR was really good and I'd hate to see them abandon that style completely. Alex has pointed out the LYR era is over though so a new album is possible.

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Birthday quickly became my song of the summer and one of my favorite All Time Low songs ever so... I was pretty stoked on this 7".

smowashere likes this.
  16. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

First 7” they’ve done too. Instant buy!

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  17. marissalg

Trusted

It’s crazy to me that I’ve been following this band for over ten years now. I saw them last night and they put on such a great set. I really enjoyed the setlist and the new songs translate well live in my opinion.

mattfreaksmeout and Jason Tate like this.
  18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

What blows my mind is that I've been following them over 10 years, and I absolutely care the most about their newest material. I didn't want to see anything from PUoSU or a SWIR deep cut the other week. I wanted Birthday, Afterglow, Dark Side of Your Room, etc. I probably currently love them the most I have since like 2011.

marissalg likes this.
  19. marissalg

Trusted

Definitely wouldn’t have minded if they threw in an older song other than Dear Maria, but when I saw them on the LYR tour and they did Vegas it got very little crowd reaction so I get why they choose to focus on newer material.

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I mean I'd of course welcome it, but honestly I think I would've preferred Birthday over something like Vegas or Shameless at this point.

21. I’ve been following them for about 6 years and honestly the SWIR show, as well as the 7 other shows I’ve been to satisfied my need for older material. Now I just want to see LYR in full plus the 2 new songs. My 9th show is on sunday!

22. marissalg

Trusted

I’m still so bummed I had to miss the SWIR anniversary shows. I had a job interview the day I bought tickets for and didn’t have time to make the drive after. It was the only time they had free for the interview that week and I reaallly wanted it so I missed the show. I did get the job haha so I guess it was worth it.

23. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’m bummed they never came here on the LYR tour

24. Looking like a new record sometime in the first half of next year is a safe bet. I'm curious what direction they'll follow, as I think LYR is their best work, but the two singles (Birthday being one of my most played songs this year) seem like they'd fit on Future Hearts better.

sawhney[rusted]2 and pauljgreco like this.