Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Time Low Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. mikalcheuk

does anyone think "dirty laundry" is alluding to their major label flop "Dirty Work?" sort of like facing the trauma of their previous failures (airing dirty laundry)?

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

After listening to the song a bunch more times over the weekend, I actually like it a lot. It grew on me. Have that chorus stuck in my head.

beachdude42, josephcissell and Kuri44 like this.
  3. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

This will be the album announcement, likely with the U.S. tour.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  4. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

So I heard you guys like teasers?

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That is the ideal situation, but I don't feel all that confidant about an album announcment. What makes you say that? I thought they would follow the Death of a Bachelor model (lead single, wait a few months, then announce album with a new song). I'm not anticipating this album until September (give or take a month). I could be and hope I am wrong though.

FTank likes this.
  6. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I doubt they would tease a U.S. tour with a week-long social media campaign. Tour will be in the summer, so the album will be out around then most likely.

7. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This is along the lines of what I've been thinking too.

8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I don't know, I mean All Time Low has a pretty devoted fan base who I'm sure at this point is dying for a tour announcement (I know I am). Bands tease tours coming all the time, and I think it's all part of the marketing campaign. I mean really you could be right too, but on the flip side, i just don't see why you wouldn't announce an album when you drop the single, if you're just planning to announce it the next week anyway. Seems to me it's better to announce an album alongside a single and put the preorders up right away. Strike the iron while it's hot (right when the new single is out). Truthfully, an announcement for a tour, an album, or both are all equally probable. Ideally we'll get both.

FTank likes this.
  9. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

It's definitely the album. The artwork is almost revealed:

[​IMG]

10. Kuri44

Tracklist

1. Last Young Renegade
    2. Drugs & Candy
    3. Dirty Laundry
    4. Good Times
    5. Nice2KnoU
    6. Life of the Party
    7. Nightmares
    8. Dark Side of Your Room
    9. Ground Control (feat. Tegan and Sara)
    10. Afterglow

11. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

JUNE 2 LET'S GOOOOOOO

12. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

A Tegan & Sara feature?! Holy moley!

13. Smittzerland

This is huge. Excited for the Tegan & Sara collab.

14. Smittzerland

Blake Harnage co-produced this. Makes me very happy.

Onlyadirector likes this.
  15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Haha, I'm not sure if I like that art...and ten songs is kind of a bummer, but other than that I'm stoked.

josephcissell likes this.
  16. deadwrong

Regular

Any likelihood of the tour announcement coming with those album pre-orders Friday?

17. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

A Tegan & Sara feature has me interested

18. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Looking forward to this, more-so than any of their other album cycles.

19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Kind of excited about it only being 10 tracks. If I have a problem with Future Hearts, it's some of the (in my opinion) filler tracks towards the end (Bail Me Out, Don't You Go come to mind). Not necessarily that they're bad songs, but they just don't do much for me. There's usually one or two songs like that on each of their albums. If these are 10 really solid tunes, and if I love at least a few of them as much as I love Dirty Laundry, this could go down as one of my favorite ATL albums.

Other thoughts: Not wild on the actual album art, but I like the color scheme, so I'm 50/50 on the cover. That Tegan & Sara song is really intriguing. I could see it going really well, or not working great at all. I wonder if it'll be an acoustic song ( a la Remembering Sunday & Juliet Simms).

Didn't Jack tweet something about Monday? So if tomorrow is album pre-orders, I'm guessing tour announcement Monday (or maybe I just can't let go of hope).

deadwrong likes this.
  20. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Placement of the Tegan & Sara song in the sequencing suggests it is probably an acoustic song, or at least a ballad of some kind.

21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

10 songs will be perfect, the last album was definitely too long.

I don't like the art at all but really excited to hear the T&S collab

22. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

"Bail Me Out" is great, but "Don't You Go" sucks.

23. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I'll definitely be checking this album out, I feel like it could be great.
    Also I wonder why they've never had a good album cover

24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Haven't been able to get into anything else these guys put out besides So Wrong Its Right.

25. Smittzerland

In the same boat as you on this, although the cover of the deluxe version of Futures Hearts is probably my favorite out of all of them.
    [​IMG]