Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Time Low Band • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I’m expecting more of a Future Hearts sound after Birthday but I’m hoping for a bigger expansion on the LYR sound as I massively enjoyed that record.

I remember reading LYR didn’t sit well with a lot of the fan base?

sawhney[rusted]2 and pauljgreco like this.
  2. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

It did about as well as could be expected from a former pop punk or rock band taking a poppier approach on new music. Some fans enjoyed it, some fans want the old sound back.

3. New record this summer? Looks like they're recording, according to Alex's IG story.

smowashere likes this.
  4. Kuri44

I wouldn’t expect an album before 2020, though I could see a single being released late fall

5. I don't know. I could see a single in Feb/March. They seem oddly quiet, and if the last 2 records said anything it's that they tend not to even let on that they're in the studio until the album is almost done.

Kuri44 likes this.
  6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I find it kind of hard to believe they wouldn't release an album before 2020. The longest gap they've had between albums is Don't Panic to Future Hearts, and they had Don't Panic: It's Longer Now in between that. Future Hearts to LYR was just over 2 years. Every other album has been released less than 2 years apart.

I'd say we're looking at a fall release. But then again they did say this was going to be a quiet year for them, so it'll be interesting to see. I could see a fall release with a smaller tour, and then a heavy touring year in 2020.

7. They said that in 2017, though.

8. Plus, didn't they sort of spill that they're touring with The Maine this summer? Meanwhile, most of The Maine's spring dates are B/C markets?

I doubt ATL would do a third A-market tour since their last album release.

9. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

They are demoing

ryanfears likes this.
  10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea idk where that rumor came from, so I mean who knows if it's true or what. But I find it very hard to imagine a year where All Time Low actually does nothing.

ryanfears likes this.
  11. They mentioned something about it onstage at their holiday show.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Oh.. lol idk how I didn’t hear that I think I was riding too high from how good the setlist was

13. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Alex and Mark Hoppus have a side project now I guess. Just dropped their first song.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

15. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Yeah I really like this.

16. It sounds like an ATL song with Mark on guest vocals. It's fine but both of them can do better.

17. BlackwingE

Trusted

The song is meh. But nothing you shouldn't expect from pop punkers in 2019...

18. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

That was catchy and honestly sounds similar to what’s on alternative radio these days...I wonder if it will get picked up

Jason Tate and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  19. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

pretty terrible imo

earthlight and BlackwingE like this.
  20. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Did anyone know Alex featured on a Lindsey Stirling Christmas song?

21. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  22. Kuri44

Here for it

earthlight likes this.
  23. marissalg

Trusted

I find myself listening to LYR more than anything else of theirs lately. Maybe because it’s still kind of newer but I really loved the direction they went with it.

24. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Definitely here for it, you all know my distaste for LYR by now

BlackwingE likes this.