Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Time Low Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Melody Bot Jan 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Jan 12, 2016)
    Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

All Time Low is an American pop punk band from Towson, Maryland, a suburb of Baltimore, formed in 2003. The band currently consists of lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Alex Gaskarth, lead guitarist and backing vocalist Jack Barakat, bassist and backing vocalist Zack Merrick and drummer Rian Dawson. The band's name is taken from lyrics in the song "Head on Collision" by New Found Glory.

2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I think Future Hearts is absolutely their best album. Don't Panic is probably next objectively, but I think Nothing Personal edges it out for me just due to nostalgia.

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I still really like SWIR and NP. Not a fan of the earlier stuff though

4. Ben182TX

@TheBenThomas

5. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Man, that salsa jar really messed you up, huh? :-p

6. JRGComedy likes this.
  7. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

FH > DP > PUOSU = TPS > NP > SWIR > DW

8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Hmmm, move Put Up or Shut Up and The Party Scene to the end, but other than that I'm on board.

9. Awksome

Regular

Funny, I think FH is their worst. Couldn't listen to it for more than 2 times. The only songs I get back to are Kickin and Screaming, Missing You and Old Scars.

10. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I like the original Don't Panic the most out of all their records.

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Actually, I think I prefer NP over Don't Panic just because of nostalgia, but Don't Panic is a better record.

12. josephcissell

Regular

This is pretty much exactly how I feel as well. There’s way too much nostalgia for me to objectively evaluate Nothing Personal, but if I’m being honest Don’t Panic is probably the better record even if I don’t go back to it as often. Future Hearts just clicks for me though. It really feels like they’re firing on all cylinders and making some finely honed music.

FTank likes this.
  13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Haha didn't realize I said basically exactly this a few posts, it's been a while. oops.

josephcissell likes this.
  14. josephcissell

Regular

Kicking & Screaming and Missing You are in the minority as two of the songs on the record that don’t have Feldy listed as a cowriter.

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Kicking and Screaming is in the bottom half of the record for me, but Missing You is one of the best songs they've ever written. As are Cinderblock Garden and Tidal Waves. That mid album stretch is unreal.

16. Awksome

Regular

Curious, I'm not really a fan of his work. FH feels uninspired to me, kinda rushed? Experimental but not in a good way. First time I heard Bail Me Out I wanted to tear my hair out (pun intended). Let's just say I'm both unsurprised and relieved they're writing new stuff. Cinderblock Garden is good but I prefer the acoustic version.
    Without doubt. NP is always a fun listen though, I don't spin Don't Panic as often.

17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

These came on shuffle today and I realised I just don't like them anymore. I think I've outgrown the band, and FH was probably, in my opinion, one of the blandest records I listened to last year. I loved them growing up, and around SWIR they were a top 2 band for me, but I just never feel like listening to them. Made me kinda sad.

But hey, they do have some really great songs through their discography still.

Awksome likes this.
  18. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Anybody think we'll get a new song pre-blink shows?

19. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

wonder what is Alex's tweet all about

20. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

My best guess is they're gonna do what ADTR did. Drop a single, and then announce an album months later.

21. jordanjohnson09

Regular

Straight to DVD II eh? i want.

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

23. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I see they're also recording at Henson Studios.

24. Kuri44

Not having Tidal Wave part of their setlist on this tour seems like a missed opportunity