Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Time Low / SWMRS / Waterparks / The Wrecks Tour • Page 10

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Feb 24, 2017.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Those are very different scenarios though. Both of those bands (we the kings more so though) have never reached the height of the popularity they had when those albums released. All Time Low is a much bigger band today than they were when SWIR came out. I'd love a 10 year but I don't see it happening. Very bummed about Let It Roll though I was really looking forward to that.

cwhit likes this.
  2. heymeg

That's fine, there's nothing wrong with casual fans but big bands don't typically drop old songs off a set because they're afraid newer fans aren't going to know them. They play them for the fans that stuck around through the goods times and bad and/or the new fans that are bummed they weren't around when they were set list staples. Pandering to casual fans just seems shortsighted to me. Maybe I'm biased because I have multiple friends that were bummed they cut Let It Roll though.

3. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

There is nothing wrong with it, but I will say as a long time fan it definitely bums me out that the older songs get cut.

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

it's just what happens. hard to make room for older songs when you need to prioritize your new ones

5. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

When you're playing a song super early in the set and seemingly nobody is that into it, it makes sense to me to switch that song out with something else. Just cutting that slot altogether seems odd to me, at least play Six Feet or something there, but them swapping out Let It Roll after it lacked an impact is pretty logical IMO.

marissalg and tyramail like this.
  6. 100% in agreement here. Bands like Mayday Parade and Four Year Strong are still riding the hype of the albums they're touring. However, All Time Low have gotten steadily bigger over the years so to take a step back with a full SWIR tour just doesn't make sense.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  7. ChipKelly4thand9ers

I totally see what you're both saying here but I don't know if I agree. I think that there are a lot of ATL fans (including many people I know) who enjoy the band for what they are now but don't really go to their shows anymore. I'm in this boat. I saw them maybe 12 times between 2007 and 2011 and hadn't seen them since up until Wednesday. I feel like a SWIR tour would pull in both their younger current fan base and the nostalgia crowd like myself. I don't know if they'd be jumping into bigger venues, but I bet you a tour of the same size with some decent support would sell out nearly every date in quick fashion in similarly sized venues.

ryanfears likes this.
  8. I don't think that's what they want to do. They're a very forward thinking band right now, I'd expect maybe a small midwest/Canada/B-market run surrounding that iHeartRadio show they're doing but that's it for the year.

9. Dylan Churchill

They're playing Six Feet tonight.

10. emlantzy

Regular

11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I would never call ATL one of my favorite bands but I pretty much always catch them when they go on tour because their shows are so fun. I live in Maryland so I always see them in Baltimore, which might be a factor lol

heymattrick and Frenzyofdeceit like this.
  12. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

there are a lot of that songs in the setlist i don't like. hm

13. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

How many songs have The Wrecks been playing each night? Don't they only have like 3-5 tracks, total?

14. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

They have 25 minutes, so probably 5 songs

15. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

According to setlist.fm it's 6

16. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I'll be there tonight. Pretty stoked!

17. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Will be there tonight as well. I'm pretty bummed that I'm at work right now instead of going to the Skype Live Studio show though. Seriously considered calling in sick, but the guilt got me (I should have done it, blahh).

tyramail likes this.
  18. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

How do you even get in to the live lounge shows? I have yet to go, and don't even know how it works haha.

19. midnightxtaylor

Regular

From the ones I've seen, you have to reply to Live 95.5's code word and they send you a text saying you're invited. I think they give out more than they have spots though, and I've also heard that they sometimes let extra people in when everyone invited has gone in and there are still more seats.

tyramail likes this.
  20. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Show was really good last night. I would highly recommend going if you're still debating!

21. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I agree, last night was my 17th (how?!) time seeing ATL and I always have a ton of fun, even if I don't listen to them as much as I used to and feel really old surrounded by screaming teenagers.

22. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

This was my 12th time and it blows my mind that the first time I saw them was 11 years ago. Ditto on the teenagers haha.

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It'll be my 12 & 13th time next weekend, and yea it's wild to think about going to all these shows. I think I saw them first in 2010, and it was the first concert I went to that was actually in the city instead of suburb venues, so really they've just always been a part of my show-going. (Also they played Circles at that show.)

I sort of feel out of place with all the teenagers at their shows, but mostly I just don't care because dammit I earned my spot there haha

tyramail likes this.
  24. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

My thoughts exactly. I saw them for the first time in 2006 when a lot of them were only like 5 haha. Hopefully I'll make it a 13th time soon, Alex said they'd be back soon.

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I'm just doing 2 this tour cus it worked out so well being Chicago on a Friday and Milwaukee on a Saturday and I'm so hyped on LYR that I know I'm going to want to go again. I can never just not go see them though. I'm in too deep at this point haha