Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Time Low Respond to Allegations • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 25, 2021.

1. GSDubs

Sad on all accounts. Big fan of the band. So tired of hearing this behavior. Tired of the notion that sex drugs and rock n roll is still a cool way to live. Hope both the accuser and the accused get the help they need.

2. WasteSomeTime Oct 26, 2021
    (Last edited: Oct 26, 2021)
    WasteSomeTime

Regular

Love how you had to throw race into this...You should have left it at rich people. There a TONS of black athletes and rappers that have gotten away with things. Ray Lewis, OJ Simpson, Jayson Williams (these for murder). If this did indeed happen it would be same race crime, why did you feel the need to throw that in there?

3. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

is someone paying you to go this hard for them

4. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Because by and large the American legal system privileges white men of status over everyone else. This is not controversial.

5. sowrongitsryan

Regular

I understand your sentiment - but you might need a new example the next time you chime in on something like this since r kelly is, finally and appropriately, cancelled

6. sowrongitsryan

Regular

Okay - that’s a literal point and I wasn’t aware, but I doubt, as the RS article states, it lasted beyond that week. My sentiment: the guy is in jail. He’s appears to have lost most of his friends in the industry. It’s physically impossible for him to do anything outside of prison walls right now. Isn’t that what people aim for instances like this? Where is the line to where people think enough punishment has been levied? This is why I assume, some bands take forever (or never) to release a statement - people always find some reason to be unhappy with the outcome. If people can’t see how severe r Kelly’s punishment affects him and his career, then… idk… the guy seemed all powerful for a while and came down hard. At the end of the day, there will always be enough jackoffs in society who think it’s cool to invest/collect/listen to music of other jackoffs, that the products will still be available somewhere/somehow (the Morgan wallen thing was weird example of this). I can personally live with it, but others would rather keep being mad

7. chris

Trusted Supporter

Love to just absolutely torture myself reading the comments of article discussion threads

8. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

It took a longgggg time to bring down R Kelly when he was making songs and naming albums about his doings. In the end, the system got it right... but two-plus decades passed with no resolution or closure for his victims. I think we all should respect due process, but in RK’s case it was so unfairly balanced in his favor that it affects how people view other accusations and the balance of power. I can’t blame people for jumping to conclusions even if it’s not “right” either.

9. gbuffers

England.

Oh how thankful I am that my So Wrong, It’s Right vinyl is on it’s way to me in the mail <insert sarcasm>. Bad timing. I joke of course but I hope his victims are all okay and can leave this guy in the past where he belongs. Horrible culture where ‘fame’ is concerned. As has been discussed many terms in relation to things like the Stanford Prison Experiment, unfortunately when many people are given power or status they use that to abuse others. Just awful.

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lol love to talk to women like this on the internet

Mary V and hongfong00 like this.
  11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

your username is ironic.

Zilla likes this.
  12. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Didn't John D ban them from Bamboozle after a 12-year-old flashed the crowd during their set? They said something along the lines of "We wanna see boobs" or something. I remember reading about it on the old board.

13. AP_Punk Oct 26, 2021
    (Last edited: Oct 27, 2021)
    AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

I remember back in 2009 or so when they posted a picture to their twitter account of the bras they collected from fans while on tour. I pointed out how gross and weird this was on the ap.net boards, especially since it was more than likely many of those came from underage fans, but I got ridiculed in the band's thread.

Anyway, not surprising about this band's behaviour - fuck 'em. My heart goes out to the victims.

14. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

Fuck this band, I don’t care, never liked them - whatever.

I do think it’s weird to believe a guy when he says a blanket statement of ‘this is bullshit’ to dozens of stories.

The ‘come to Jesus meeting’ where you go ‘okay, so this one is def not true? Okay cool. But what about this one? Okay...and this one?’ has to be exhausting and HAS to make you at least DOUBT your buddy’s story a little. Right? At what point is it willful ignorance where you plug your ears and just start yelling to drown everything out?

15. somethingwitty

Trusted

You just described 70% of the bands on this site.

zachmacD and brendanmachow like this.
  16. brendanmachow

not a doctor

^ username checks out

somethingwitty likes this.
  17. somethingwitty

Trusted

It’s almost like a lot of these guys in these bands, that are cosplaying as teenagers in their late 30s, aren’t good people.

Im shocked.

zachmacD and thechetearly like this.
  18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

This is truly an........All Time Low

fredwordsmith likes this.
  19. thechetearly

Regular

20. Reminder: "never liked them" or "they made bad music" are literally never important in these conversations.

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

fucking gross

NSPaint, KyleK and CarpetElf like this.
  22. zachmacD

Trusted

He didn’t make a huge statement about it, but nothing, nowhere is no longer playing on the all time low headliner and cancelling his headlining shows since they are routed throughout the ATL tour

NSPaint likes this.
  23. Sheath Ledger

You hit the nail on the head here. If you're in your 30s and cosplaying badly as a teenager, something is super fucking wrong with you.

Seriously though, somehow I am 0.0000% surprised one of them turned out to be a creeper. Honestly, given how utterly slimy some of his lyrics are, I was surprised it wasn't Alex Gaskarth...

NSPaint and thechetearly like this.