Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Time Low - Last Young Renegade (June 2, 2017) Album • Page 41

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by FTank, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Kuri44

This thread bump made me go back and listen to them on Spotify, then saw that they added Bad Enough For You for the first time in like 6 years, love that song

2. I love Nightmares and would LOVE to know what it's about. The first time I heard it I started crying in the car because it felt like it was about living with PTSD.

It's rare to have a piece of music that so simply and effectively does that. So whatever it was actually written about, I'm grateful that it exists.

At any rate, LYR was fantastic and I really hope they stay on that track. I'm nervous that they're going to pivot again.

Anthony_, dotKev, jorbjorb and 7 others like this.
  3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

LYR is great but I’m down for another pivot

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'd give anything for a pivot away from this album :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

5. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Change yo name to irtheworst

Jk I appreciate your opinions

6. Jason Tate Dec 29, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 29, 2018)
    Why still post in this album thread if you don’t like this album? Go post in the band thread instead. Like ... we get it at this point. It’s been two years.

jorbjorb, smowashere and beachdude like this.
  7. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I want them to expand on this sound or just try something new. But please, don't go back to the old sound.

8. irthesteve

Yeah I wouldn't want the "old sound" retread like California is for Blink, just something different

JamesMichael likes this.
  9. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Hey I know I was in here saying Nightmares wasn't a good song, but I've since realized how wrong I am. That song is really good

10. sawhney[rusted]2

THANK U

beachdude and JRGComedy like this.
  11. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

We love character development

12. irthesteve

13. Kuri44

Brent likes this.
  14. Single friday? Maybe?

Kuri44 likes this.
  15. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Very much hoping that's just a symbolic way of saying "LYR cycle is over" and not "don't panic, we're hitting the reset switch again"

16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I am writing this to express my apologies about my past dislikes and comments on this album. My opinion has changed.

Their new song that just came out (Its very good) made me go back and give LYR one more chance. I am a fucking idiot for ever thinking this album was bad. I liked a couple songs from it when it came out, but that was it. I gave it 3 undivided listens today and it clicked with me. It has aged well too.

I enjoyed their first two albums back in the day, but outside of those I always thought these guys struggled with melodies, which is why I've never really cared much for them. After giving this album a true listen I'd say its their absolute best when it comes to melodies. *This is all based on personal taste*.

So yeah, LYR is awesome. I'm happy I like it now. Its like a whole new album for me to enjoy lol.

17. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

That's what we call character development right there

18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

There's a lot of things you could complain about with ATL but I don't think I can even fathom "struggling with melodies" being one of them, they pretty consistently have great choruses imo

19. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

This is great. LYR is honestly my favorite record by them I don't understand how it's not more well received. I think it will age the best out of all their albums.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  20. sawhney[rusted]2

Sticking true to your username

[​IMG]

21. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

It didn’t take me nearly as long but I also pivoted from this album is bad to this is one one of my most played albums of the 2010s

22. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

LYR is amazing. Definitely what a modern ATL should sound like. I can’t say I’m not disappointed they didn’t explore that sound more on the new songs. I know they’re only stand alone singles so who knows what we’ll get when they decide to release an album again.

sawhney[rusted]2 and beachdude like this.
  23. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

mmhmm, Jason Tate, Micool1 and 2 others like this.