Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Time Low - Last Young Renegade (June 2, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by FTank, Feb 23, 2017.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

The "wall of guitars" before the final chorus goes off man.

2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Pretty good song, I might end up liking it more than Dirty Laundry. Kinda reminded me of The Cab at first

3. josephcissell

Regular

I’ve enjoyed all three songs a lot so far. Dirty Laundry took a couple spins to grow on me, but then I really got into it. Last Young Renegade and this one are a little more appealing on first listen to me.

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This is the most excited I've been for All Time Low in a long time. These songs sound great. I love the vibe, and they're all stylistically different but fit together well.

beachdude42 and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  5. I really like this new direction. Absolutely adore all 3 new jams.

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I can't get on board with this. To me it sounds like a Chainsmokers album cut featuring Alex. I sort of liked the second song they put out so far, but that's it. No shots.

Aregala likes this.
  7. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Jesus Christ why is everyone comparing everything to Chainsmokers

Nate_Johnson and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, maybe I'm just biased towards this band, but I enjoy the new ATL songs and don't like Chainsmokers at all.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, this almost definitely won't be my favorite ATL album, but I really like that they're doing a lot of new things. And pulling off a pretty different sound in a way that's solid.

10. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I think there's a chance this could be my favorite ATL album, which is an exciting prospect for me in 2017.

Jason Tate and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  11. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

New song is pretty interesting, but I like it. Not sure I like it as much as LYR, might be better than Dirty Laundry though

12. Kuri44

Easily my least favorite of the three

13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel pretty much exactly the same way.

14. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I love these new songs! I can't wait to hear the album, I'm expecting this to be miles above the last album.

This style of music suits them way better than what they were going for on the last album or Dirty Work. They do pop punk very well but I welcome this new direction with open arms.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  15. Glad they're going headstrong in this direction. New songs sound like the realized version of what they've been flirting with since Dirty Work.

JamesMichael and FTank like this.
  16. JamesMichael

I completely agree!

17. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I wasn't huge on the new track when I first heard it, but god damn has it grown on me. I really love the direction they're going with this one. Probably won't be my favorite ATL album, but I'm very optimistic about it.

JamesMichael likes this.
  18. JamesMichael

All the new songs so far offer something different which I really like. Can't wait to hear more.

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Man, I think Alex's voice fits this new direction amazingly well. I haven't dug much from these guys since So Wrong It's Right days, but I'm excited to hear more from this release.

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I thought the Seth Meyers performance started a little rocky (which seems common when these bands go on the late night shows), but it really picked up and sounded great by the end. I know it doesn't really matter, but damn do I really hope they can pull off the #1 album for real this time.

FTank and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

what song did they play?

22. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

not everything, just these songs, because they sound like the chainsmokers

Jose likes this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter