Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Time Low/Dashboard Confessional: The Summer Ever After Tour Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Blink182Bouncer, May 14, 2018.

1. btr

Trusted Supporter

Artpark is waaaay too big for this show.

2. marissalg

Trusted

Yeah it was the most empty I’ve ever seen it. The pit wasn’t even completely full by the time ATL came on. I really had fun but it sucks that it was so empty.

3. emojedi

Trusted

this tour would have sold so much better if a band like Pierce The Veil, Mayday, The Maine, etc opened for it. All Time Low fans for the most part don't want to see Dashboard.

lindsaylove081 likes this.
  4. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

5. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Skyline Stage is definitely my fave outdoor venue. Would love to go to another show there, but they probably moved it because of the weather

6. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

^ low ticket sales

pauljgreco, Joshua and JaytotheGee like this.
  7. J12

Trusted Supporter

Still trying to figure out if Dashboard is closing the Portland date. They're billed above ATL on all location-specific promo material, so I assume they will be. Can't decide if I want to go or not. My girlfriend can't make it, so I'd be going solo and I'm not huge on the ATL set. Don't care about seeing Dashboard at all.

EDIT: Nevermind. The venue confirmed ATL is closing sometime last week on Facebook. So strange. Wonder why their ads show DC on top.

8. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Went to this last night in Toronto. Not a terrible turnout but the 5,000 capacity outdoor stage was way larger than it needed to be. I thought the crowd looked small for Dashboard but there really wasn't any more people for All Time Low. That being said, I think Dashboard was a good inclusion on the tour. I think they brought out a lot of older people that wouldn't have otherwise been there.

9. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I am just surprised ATL can't draw that many. I feel like I could not escape them during the Future Hearts era, and that wasn't that long ago. Then again, that was also when 5SOS was still making that type of music and being really popular.

10. bkaeser93

Trusted

It’s just they tour constantly and these openers don’t appeal to the typical ATL crowd so I feel like a lot of their fans are like just skip them this time around

11. aniafc

Trusted

3 years ago on the first summer tour after future hearts, they played the outside part of Express live (which holds about 5k people). For this tour they played inside (holds about 2200 people) and it didn’t teally get full until end of DC/right before ATL.

Dashboard also performed on the outside part of this venue last summer with all american rejects and the maine, and it was nearly sold out.

So I’m not sure what happened for this tour. The show was good, though!

12. All Time Low should tour with bands that have more current hype, like The Maine or The Band Camino.

13. cameoutswingin

Regular

I feel like they were trying to position themselves as a legacy band that people will come to see regardless, and offer the opening slots as low payout (or buy ons?) since they were convinced they were the main draw. I guess they're seeing that's not the case. Next summer i could see them pushing for a big tour with actually relevant acts to try and fill these big venues

14. fbrrocks

Trusted

Tonight they did pit upgrades for 5 tonight
    Only paid 21 total for my ticket 16 on stubhub then 5 upgrade this tour is just not selling lol

15. jordanjohnson09

Regular

speaking of the band camino, they are opening the baltimore show!

lindsaylove081 and ryanfears like this.
  16. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

I don't think it helps that both Dashboard's and ATL's most recent albums are def low points in their careers.

Xpertguy5 likes this.
  17. Fuck that’s awesome, Daphne Blue is a BANGER.

18. Xpertguy5

Trusted

I am honestly not surprised that this tour isn't selling well. To begin with, the lineup is not really all that interesting. If this was coming near me I would consider going just for ATL. Personally I can't get into dashboard. I saw them last summer with AAR. I only went for AAR that tour. Dashboard closed that night and they just bored me. I ended up leaving midway through the set.

heymattrick likes this.
  19. Jenna429

I went tonight in CT. I am a fan of both Dashboard and All Time Low. I got there right when it started, there was no line, lots of empty seats. I felt bad for Gnash (although I don't care for the music at all). He was practically begging people to interact with him and didn't get much back. I didn't realize that Dashboard is from CT- they still played second to a fairly unenthusiastic crowd. Definitely DC fans in the venue, but not a ton. I was fairly close to the front in the first area with seats so maybe they were all behind me??? lol Everyone near me was sitting down almost the whole set. I saw a handful of people leave after Dashboard and then it definitely filled up more for ATL. There were dogs available for adoption in the lobby??? LOL (as someone who volunteers for a rescue that kind of boggled my mind). Very weird! Cool venue, though. I'd never been there before.

Overall, I thought both bands were great. I really enjoyed them both. Not a huge fan of ATL's setlist but can't do anything about that. Such an odd combination though. It was almost like seeing 3 separate shows: One no one wanted, one some people wanted, and then one most people wanted.

20. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

ATL's last album is their best one but whatever I guess

dotKev and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  21. lifestartsmusic

Back For A (Not So) Limited Time Prestigious

Looking like the New York show sold out on Ticketmaster. Only resale tickets left

22. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I thought the new Dashboard record was terrible, but that All Time Low record really grew on me after a few listens. The high points are really good (the title track, Dirty Laundry, etc).

lindsaylove081 likes this.
  23. This is tonight! Very stoked.

24. GREAT show tonight. Possibly the best I’ve seen them. Also, they played Remembering Sunday and Halsey came out.

kelseyleigh, smowashere and ccsc918 like this.
  25. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Not surprised this tour isn't doing well though I feel bad as both these bands/acts are extremely hard working (even if my personal opinion of them varies). Dashboard has done 3 major summer tours in a row: 2015 w/Third Eye Blind, 2016 w/Taking Back Sunday, 2017 w/All-American Rejects and also a few club runs so anyone who has the itch to relive some nostalgia from the early 00's has most likely gotten a chance. I also don't think he's been picking up new fans with this solid new record.

All Time Low, on the other hand, just seems to be always on tour all the time (think they've played the NYC area 4-5 times in the past few years). THeir fanbase is also probably starting to age a bit and not coming out to every tour which is why many probably skipped this.