Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Time Low Announce New Album, ‘Last Young Renegade’ • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 23, 2017.

1. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Wonder if FBR will be the label to make this band really blow up.

2. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Hoping for a deluxe version with some extra tracks. In addition to a 10-track album kinda feeling a bit short, ATL has had some awesome b-sides/bonus tracks in the past.

3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn, with this coming June 2, i'ts gonna be a while for that new paramore.
    ;(

ramres likes this.
  4. Really? FH bored me to tears. I think maybe I just hold ATL to a higher standard, because there was nothing wrong with it... except that it sounded like literally any band could've recorded it.

Anyway, I don't love the first single but I quite like certain things about it, so while I won't be preordering this one (I did with FH and I'm still not sure what to do with that vinyl), I'm looking forward to giving it a chance.

5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I definitely think FH is their most musically accomplished album. Songs like Tidal Waves and The Edge of Tonight are really fresh for them while still maintaining a familiar feeling. I really loved how detailed the production was and the way they incorporated new sonic elements to magnify the songwriting. Then there are the more straightforward songs like Cinderblock Garden, which (imo) are still better done pop rock songs than the majority of what they've written in the past, and I love those other albums too.

6. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

lol exactly what I thought when I saw this. Though, I can see FBR opting for a short promotional period for paramore -- like dropping a single sometime in March and then the album follows in April. That or we're going to be waiting deep into June.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Or even July/August/Sept :seeno::seeno::seeno:

ramres likes this.
  8. I don't care if they push for radio play, I care about whether or not it's good. Last time, for the most part, it wasn't.

musicfan9795 likes this.
  9. TFT87

Regular

This band honestly peaked with Nothing Personal. That album is pop punk perfection. Future Hearts was boring.

10. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Why does that kid have a giant duck bill on his face?

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Edit: Was looking at wrong thing. Good question... I think it's a handkerchief, but I don't know why.

12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This art has definitely grown on me. Even though the background stuff is pretty tacky, the protagonist is well designed and I like the color scheme a lot.

13. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Yeah I think it's supposed to be a hanky but he totally looks like a quacker.

14. It's definitely a protest/rebel/anarchist/etc. handkerchief.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  15. awilliams787

Have you heard any of the album?

16. Not yet, I should go harass some people for it.

Petit nain des Îles and FTank like this.
  17. awilliams787

Yeah, I think you should. That track-list scares me, but I am being cautiously optimistic.

18. What's wrong with the track listing?

19. awilliams787

Some of the song titles just come off as Dirty Work-esque and I really don't want them to go back to a formulaic pop sound. I love that Tegan and Sara collaboration, though.

20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Is the renegade on the front intentionally supposed to look like Ruby Rose?

21. jba

Nice! I'm excited.

22. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I showed my friend who hates on ATL the new single and her reaction was, "Whoa, this is cool and different." Hoping for big things for the band!

23. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Always will give these guys a chance. Excited to hear the collab.

24. wrenleslie

yeesh that artwork. I'm excited for the record though, Dirty Laundry was great. I've been revisiting Future Hearts since it came out and forgot how much I really loved that album.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  25. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Preordered the vinyl yesssssss