Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Time Low Announce New Album, ‘Last Young Renegade’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

All Time Low will release their new album, Last Young Renegade, on June 2nd. The album art, track listing, and a statement from the band can be found below. Pre-orders will go live tomorrow.

Track Listing

1. Last Young Renegade
    2. Drugs & Candy
    3. Dirty Laundry
    4. Good Times
    5. Nice2KnoU
    6. Life of the Party
    7. Nightmares
    8. Dark Side of Your Room
    9. Ground Control (feat. Tegan and Sara)
    10. Afterglow

pauljgreco likes this.
  2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Can't wait for this. They have a great track record.

3. Some of those track names make me worried, and the album artwork is certainly strange, but it could be good. "Dirty Laundry" is a great track.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Concerned they'll push too hard for radio play a la Dirty Work again?

BigMouth and Anna Acosta like this.
  5. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Tegan and Sara ft? Out of left field for sure, but pretty damn cool.

skogsraet and Spenny like this.
  6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Regardless of how dull I found that first single, I will check this out as I at least admire them for trying something new. Felt like they have been stagnating for a while now.

7. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

The only concerning song title is "Nice2KnoU," which I will likely just name to "Nice To Know You"

heymattrick and BigMouth like this.
  8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I definitely thought they reignited a creative spark after Dirty Work, which was definitely stagnant in every sense of the word, but I kind of agree in the sense that they needed to shake things up this time. They'd just about perfected their brand of pop rock imo.

Luroda and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  9. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

I've found myself appreciating that record way more in the last year or so, perhaps more than Future Hearts honestly. Guts, Heroes and Do You Want Me (Dead) are among their best work I think.

On the top of this record, I'm not in love with the title or the fact that it's 10 tracks but All Time Low have always been an important band to me so I'm excited regardless.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  10. cosmickid

I've found myself appreciating that record way more in the last year or so, perhaps more than Future Hearts honestly. Guts, Heroes and Do You Want Me (Dead) are among their best work I think.

On the top of this record, I'm not in love with the title or the fact that it's 10 tracks but All Time Low have always been an important band to me so I'm excited regardless.

11. I loved the first single and the album description has me especially stoked.

12. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Horrible artwork, horrible tracklisting, but optimistic the record will be good

13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I'll listen to it as I've been a fan of the band since So Wrong, It's Right. I'm just hoping they don't pull another "dirty work" on us and try to write songs solely for radio play. Dirty Laundry has been growing on me, but the song titles and the fact they signed to FBR has me worried. I'll remain cautiously optimistic that this album sounds more like Don't Panic or Nothing Personal and less like Dirty Work and Future Hearts.

Anna Acosta likes this.
  14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Same boat

truelovewaits likes this.
  15. That artwork screams "we just signed to FBR"

16. Spenny

Regular

I am completely down for that collab. T&S has been one of my favourite bands for a long time, so excited to hear what comes of this.

RileyWitiw likes this.
  17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't really understand your last sentence, as the albums you're comparing to each other don't really sound alike at all, i.e. I think FH is much closer to NP than DW. Unless you just mean you want them to stick to pop-punkish songs rather than incorporating other sounds and influences, in which case I understand but completely disagree.

18. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh, I certainly agree that there are great songs on DW – the ones you listed plus That Girl and A Daydream Away are all above average Dirty Work songs imo. That said, I still find it to be easily the least consistently good album in their catalog, due to production that doesn't suit them and a larger selection of filler type songs than any of their other records.

19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I'm not saying NP and DW sound similar. I'm just wanting it to sound more like NP or DW. I want it to sound more like DW in an alternative pop punkish sound, or like NP which was poppy but also had a slight pop punkish style to it.

20. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I see now, I shouldn't have inferred what I did. Personally, I thought FH was a great mix of shades of their pop-punk style and a new, poppier style with more interesting production, so I'd be happy with an evolution of that sound.

21. cosmickid

Yeah I can agree with that tbf. Don't Panic probably takes the consistency crown.

22. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Only ten songs.. Hopefully no filler! Can't wait for this.

23. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

Excited for the album but I hate that artwork.

24. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

That's some artwork

25. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Apparently they experimented with a bunch of vintage synths and said they were influenced by Prince, Bowie, George Michael, and Stranger Things. Blake Harnage (Versa, PVRIS) co-produced it as well. This will have a lot of potential.