Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Time Low – “Trouble Is”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. sowrongitsryan

Regular

So... fueled by ramen.... now that we have like 5 new all time low songs... can you explain why a day to remember’s album artwork is taking so long..?

As for the song... pretty good. Wouldn’t be too surprised if it was co-written with Hoppus. Sounds like the new blink.

Matt Terry likes this.
  3. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

fave so far?

4. Neon Light

rage and love

I also thought of new Blink hearing this. I also hear it on the bridge of Sleeping In.

BornToRun likes this.
  5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Favorite song on the album right now.

CyberInferno and JamesMichael like this.
  6. WasteSomeTime

Regular

There is no way it’s just the artwork that is holding that album up at this point.

7. ben.

These new songs ring so much like blink. Hoppus really left his Mark. See what I did there? No Mark, you can't use that.

8. sowrongitsryan

Regular

Yeah... agreed. My conspiracy theory: they put out the song “degenerates” after recording, all of the fans hated it, and they probably already had at least 8 more songs just like it on the new album, and so they’re basically re-recording the whole thing.

“Resentment” was released because it was prob one of the only songs that was similar to their old stuff that could give their old fans a reason to stick around.

SFguitar likes this.
  9. WasteSomeTime

Regular

I personally liked Degenerates and on their last tour I saw a lot of people into it. I personally think they just weren't ready by the deadline and now they are going on tour opening for Slipknot and probably don't know when the right time is to get it out which led to them reworking and recording songs, possibly adding new ones, and trying to figure out how the new release can lineup with Slipknot, their own headlining tours, coronavirus, etc.

10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I can see ADTR going in a direction similar bands are going. More synth pop metal stuff. At least that’s the vibe I got from the wee two newer songs.

I personally like Degenerates more than Resentment too.

11. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Degenerates is a banger. It’s a far cry from what they are also good at while still being something that would be great on radio.

I would frankly love to hear a whole album like that. Similar to when BMTH wrote “Thats The Spirit” with the stated goal in mind to make every song on that record a potential single (and succeeding massively). I think these guys could do the same thing.

12. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

This album is great (it leaked, and I'm impatient). Going to be streaming the crap out of this one on Spotify.

FTank likes this.
  13. zachmacD

Trusted

How’s the song with the band Camino?

14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Im sure a lot of people like it, but it’s probably one of my least favorites, which is weird bc I like them lol.

zachmacD likes this.
  15. CyberInferno Mar 29, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 29, 2020)
    CyberInferno

I enjoy it. It's up-tempo but chill. I know nothing about Camino. It's not my favorite track on the album, but I think it's pretty good.
    What's your favorite track on the album so far? I've had it for about two days, and I'm torn between a few. Also, which half do you prefer?

16. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Second verse and chorus could be sung by Hoppus. Another great track, cannot wait for Friday.

17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Trouble Is is my favorite right now. I like the first half better but the second half has Glitter & Crimson, January Gloom, and Summer Daze which are also top favorites of mine.

the first half just has the more upbeat and anthemic stuff that I gravitate towards to more.

18. WasteSomeTime

Regular

Thats funny because I think the second half is what makes this album special vs just another pop punk ATL record.

19. WasteSomeTime

Regular

That's funny because I think the second half is what makes this album special as oppose to another pop rock ATL record.

20. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

This excites me. Have liked most of the songs released, but it always concerns me when 5/5 songs released are also the first 5 songs of an album

21. WasteSomeTime

Regular

That's not to say I don't extremely enjoy the first half also I just personally think the second half takes the record above and beyond.

fredwordsmith likes this.
  22. CyberInferno

"Trouble Is" is so damned good. Also relates to me personally with some stuff going on in my life. But I also still love "Sleeping In", "Melancholy Kaleidoscope", "Clumsy", "Basement Noise", and others. This album is just exactly what I needed right now.
    Yeah, I find the second half to be much more dynamic as well. Not sure which one I actually prefer as there are super strong tracks on both as I mentioned above. Really just depends on your mood at the moment, and the world right now has me flipping back and forth.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  23. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Is it similar to NINE? The first half of that record is merely fine for me, but the back half from Black Rain and Run Away on is nothing but bangers - albeit strange, out-of-nowhere sounding ones. Is this a similar feeling record? Because I've already liked these singles far more than anything I've heard ATL do since Future Hearts, and my anticipation is through the roof.

24. CyberInferno

For me, it's more akin to P!ATD's debut album. The two halves are quite different, and you would tell that even without needing an interlude to tell you. First half is more straight-forward pop-punk, and the second is more alt-rock, different stuff. They're both very good though. You won't be disappointed with this album.

fredwordsmith likes this.
  25. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Boy, I get that feeling and you described it perfectly. Now I’m even more hyped.

CyberInferno likes this.