Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Time Low – “Everything is Fine”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

That song is not fine

3. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

trash. and i love LYR

4. bcapps

Newbie Supporter

This song is such a disappointing regression for the band. Last Young Renegade was their most interesting evolution to date while still remaining catchy and distinctive, but this sounds like a discarded B-side from Don't Panic.

5. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Wow, this is really bad...

6. TuneYouOut

Newbie Supporter

I love watching the reactions to ATL stuff here versus their more involved fanbase. Always complete opposites. This song is so much fun.

LCT Music and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  7. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

I consider myself very much an ATL fan, this a major regression compared to the last two albums...

parkerxcore likes this.
  8. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

@Jason Tate I'm interested in your opinion? I've expressed my thoughts on it being a regression after LYR.

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s fine. I see where people are coming from about it being a regression, but it’s still a catchy, fun song. I like it well enough.

10. Haven't listened yet, plan to a little later today.

11. Butinsmallsteps

Regular

After LYR we get...this? Like they can change there sound and even regress soundwise and it’s all personal decisions but like lyrically...this was the best they could do?

12. Seems like an easy song to just put out for the summer. I don't see it being an indicator of the new album but I could be very wrong.

13. Really hope this is a one-off. LYR was such a good direction for them - this definitely feels like a giant step backward to me.

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I haven't listened to most of LYR still, but a bummer that so many think this one is a regression. Gonna give it a listen after work

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m just wondering where all these fans of LYR were when the album came out... I don’t remember seeing a ton of praise for it and it didn’t do very well commercially

smowashere likes this.
  16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Ok I mean I know this wasn't aimed at me, but just for the record's sake:

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  17. SFguitar

Regular

This band's entire career has been a regression. Future Hearts and LYR are so bad.

LCT Music likes this.
  18. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I love LYR, it was on my EOTY list for last year.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Haha you’re all good. Honestly, I was a bit lukewarm on it at first myself, and I mostly blame that on having overplayed the half the record that had already been released, including five of the first six songs. I could be wrong, but I just don’t remember the album being received especially well, except for a handful of users here who I know are big fans.

20. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

People not thinking FH and LYR are far more interesting and musically accomplished than early releases like PUOSU and SWIR just blows my mind.

21. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

COOL GUY ALERT. The stuff they did when they were 16 is obviously the best, right?

Shillies and Jason Tate like this.
  22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Haha yea there definitely was a mixed reaction to it, and yea that's understandable since half the album was out before it was released.

23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Releasing that many songs was dumb. I could have just not listened I guess, but I don’t have that kind of willpower

David Parke likes this.
  24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think I listened to the first 4 released but held off on Good Times

25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, it was like two days before the album came out, so I should have, but nope...

I would have gone Dirty Laundry, title track, Nice2KnoU, and that’s it.