Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Time Low – “Dirty Laundry” • Page 5

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 17, 2017.

1. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I was wondering that too is it another new song hidden in there I wonder?

2. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

It's weird I really fell out of love with this band during college, I mean I enjoyed their past couple records but I definitely stopped considering myself a fan. However, this song really prompted me to revisit their discography and I forgot how much I enjoy these guys' music. They get a lot of undeserved shit. Really talented pop songwriters with some bite that not many others can pull off. Eagerly anticipating the record.

I know it's irritating me, because I know it's Alex singing but I can't distinguish it.

3. Walkabout

Regular

Boring and predictable

4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

There's difference of opinion, and then there's just plain stupid. This is not at all a predictable ATL song.

mattfreaksmeout and Neon Light like this.
  5. I agree with you, and I really like this song, but it is a predictably structured song (just not for ATL). Not trying to say that's what they meant, but it is pretty cut and dry.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah that's true, maybe I jumped on that one a little too quick, heh... just seemed off in the context of this being a different song for them.

And also typically the people who claim songs are "predictable" or "boring pop" are also the ones who want bands to keep writing the same pop punk songs over and over, so I've become quick to be annoyed at any argument that resembles that.

7. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

It's almost like most pop songs are structured the same way!

8. stories

lucid dreaming. Supporter

it took a couple of listens to get into it, but its grown on me. i definitely like the build up at the end. i'd say the song would feel more like them if it was just the end of the song. that ending does feel like a proper progression from FH. so i can see where this song comes in after FH.

9. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Really hoping the new album incorporates more parts like the first half of this song.
    Took a few listens, but I'm loving this. What a build up to the end.

Luroda likes this.
  10. Neon Light

rage and love

So wrong it's...still so wrong.

11. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

It's not like this is something that has never been done before

12. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

So I gotta say, while I originally said there was too much build up with little payoff, this song has been stuck in my head since it came out.

13. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Have you been following the thread? FBR is a big and good change for them. I'm predicting this song/video is the beginning of a marketing campaign for a new album. Not sure how I can be clearer?

14. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Uh, yeah I've been following the thread.. I was asking what makes you think this is the beginning of a long marketing campaign rather than an anticipation type song months before everything else is announced similar to The Reckless and the Brave.. not sure how that can be clearer.

15. The Lucky Moose

One could say the second possibility is also part of a long marketing campaign

16. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I suppose so. I hope my original question didn't look totally stupid, I had inferred more specificity in the post I quoted than it seems he/she actually meant.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  17. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I bet (s)he only listened to it one time. Song's a grower.

Luroda, Mr. Serotonin and FTank like this.
  18. mikalcheuk

does anyone think "dirty laundry" is alluding to their major label flop "Dirty Work?" sort of like facing the trauma of their previous failures (airing dirty laundry)?

pauljgreco likes this.
  19. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Hi I don't want to come off sounding like an asshole but a much better way of referring to someone is they, since they may not identify as she/he like your comment inferred!:)

The song is definitely a grower though. I didn't really enjoy it until I listened a few times, and the more times I play it I begin to enjoy it more.
    Super excited to see where they go from here.

20. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

The issue is that "they" is completely grammatically incorrect because it refers to a plural subject whereas this is a singular person. I should probably have just said "he or she," but I was being lazy ;-) In general writing, you can get away with just making the subject plural most of the time then using "they."

21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

They is also the accepted form for nonspecific singular, some people use they/them pronouns

22. The Lucky Moose

Oh no this isn't happening

23. Mr. Serotonin

24. The Lucky Moose

What?! I'm just mean I can't believe CyberInferno is starting a "they is grammaticaly incorrect" discussion right now

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  25. Mr. Serotonin

Haha, i'm kind of agreeing with you. I'm flabbergasted a gender identity discussion is even happening in a thread for an ATL single :crylaugh:

Luroda and The Lucky Moose like this.