Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Time Low – “Dirty Laundry” • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Ed59_

Regular

Awful is perhaps harsh but in comparison with the rest of their discography I'd place it bottom by a fair amount. I find a lot of the tracks boring and a few that are skip-every-time for me("Something's Gotta Give" and "Missing You"). I think one of my favourite tracks on the album is "The Edge of Tonight" which is a lot more in the vein of this new song. That all being said, "Tidal Waves" is a great song.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Interesting, the tracks you liked more seem to be the ones most people didn't like as much. I thought that album was a really good balance of the pop punk and a sorta new pop-centric direction, with this new song seemingly indicative of a more fully realized "new sound".

sawhney[rusted]2 and Ed59_ like this.
  3. jorbjorb

7 rings

pretty good song. nice to hear them do a song without loud ass guitars in your ear.

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

What that it would help them maximize their potential? Maybe they were, but I wouldn't have agreed with them. If All Time Low is going to ever take it a step further, Fueled By Ramen makes the most sense. The major labels don't seem to understand why people love these bands in the first place (that comes out more bitter than I mean it to), and the indie labels like Hopeless, Fearless, etc., but FBR has better resources. Just my take on it I guess.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Figured as much. Sounded too high to be Zack, but with the effect I couldn't be too sure.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. Mr. Serotonin

That's hilarious to me because Something's Gotta Give and Missing You are the only two I ever play :crylaugh:

7. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Missing You is definitely one of my favorites on the album, Something's Gotta Give is fine as an early, single type track but isn't up there with the best the album has to offer

8. Mr. Serotonin

Now I'm gonna have to listen to the entire album again :crylaugh:

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Satellites -> Kicking & Screaming is an amazing opening to the album. Something's Gotta Give is a solid single. Cinderblock Gardens is one of the best songs the band has written. Missing You is their best ballad/acoustic/whatever song since Remembering Sunday (yes better than Therapy). Tidal Waves is a cool tune. And Odd Scars/Future Hearts is an awesome closer. I do think the back half of that album drags a little, but overall I think Future Hearts is great.

RoKKeR and JRGComedy like this.
  10. TDenverFan

Regular

It's a little too slow for most of it for my taste. The chorus around 3:15, where it picks up a bit, sounds better to me.

Aso surprised they left Hopeless, seems like they had a good reationship with them. Especially since last time they left it didn't go too hot.

11. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

FBR is going to be great for them. They'll be even bigger than they are now.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  12. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Cinderblock is, yes, one of Gaskarth's best songs ever.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  13. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Great minds think alike ;-)

FTank likes this.
  14. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

On second listen, it's much better than I thought. I guess it just wasn't what I expected/hoped for.

On the subject of Future Hearts, I think it was a great album. My favorites are Satellite, Kicking and Screaming, Missing You, Cinderblock Garden, Dancing With a Wolf and Edge of Tonight. It's been a long time since I've listened to it in full though.

15. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Liking this direction. FH didn't have much lasting value for me.

Luroda likes this.
  16. chcougar1

Trusted

Not sure how anyone can think this is great. Also not sure how anyone can say this isn't pretty boring. Not a fan. At least upon first listen.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  17. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Okay I really enjoy this song. Had it on a lot the past few hours which is always a good sign with me. Love the big build up and Jacks moment in the song.

Wasn't in to Future Hearts but I dug the classic ATL sounding songs Something's Gotta Give and Cinderblock Garden (a hidden gem on that record)

Alex has once again wrote a banger. Video is really well done too. I think FBR is a great fit for the band if I'm honest. They've done wonders for Panic! and TOP.

18. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Agreed. And I'm kind of surprised it's growing on me.
    Keep listening. It grows on you.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'd make the comparison to later Yellowcard albums way before I'd call this an attempt at radio

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  20. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

If the move to FBR is what it sounds like it is for ATL, then this song/video is just the beginning of a long marketing campaign building up to the new record. Looking forward to it, if so.

21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Why do you say that?

22. RoKKeR

The Fly

Not bad, I actually enjoy the chill first half of the song, it's got nice restraint. The breakdown at the end is then of course ATL being ATL, which works for me.

Luroda likes this.
  23. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

The more I listen, the more I love. Can't wait to see what's next. Always one of my faves.

RoKKeR and JamesMichael like this.
  24. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

It definitely keeps growing on me. If they do take the full album in a new direction, I'm excited to hear what's next!

Luroda likes this.
  25. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Anyone know what All Time Low song is playing in the background at the beginning of the video?