Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Time Low – “Dirty Laundry” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I don't have a link at the moment, but I saw an interview with Alex on Youtube the other day where he said they're recording all summer.

2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Really? Damn... weird timing for this then.

3. aniafc

Trusted

Hopefully FBR can get them a #1 album
    and not get robbed of it this time haha

These guys deserve it

4. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Yeah I thought the same thing. I'm gonna try to find the video cause now I'm second guessing myself :crylaugh:

FTank likes this.
  5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

You and I have different opinions on what is considered pop then.

6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

You guys can't hear it on radio? At least on alternative stations? I think it's catchy, poppy, but with enough edge that it could catch on.

Either way, I think this grabs me more immediately than any first single since Weightless honestly. Really excited for the album (which I assume this is going to be a part of).

7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I don't think this will be a part of the album. Alex said they will begin recording the new album this summer. This seems more like a one-off single.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  8. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I like it a lot.

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

The alt press interview said that they wrote this song right in the middle of writing the album, so I'm sure it will be on there.

Also, I just watched the video and now I'm guessing that the album will be titled Young Renegades.

10. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Not even close. This song is probably one of the darkest I've heard from them in a while, mostly in the sense that there's too much of a palpable sense of tension and dark undertones to be pushed on the radio. The alternative climate (in my else) favors either darker trap influences or Cage the Elephant style indie rock. This song has neither. But if it does make it to radio that'd be fantastic!

Luroda and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I guess we'll see. Either way I got a great song out of it, so I'm happy haha

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, the part right after the chorus weirdly reminds me of the transition from the chorus to next verse in The 1975's Somebody Else.

13. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

The 1975 was going to me my next comparison ahahahha

14. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Feels weird to be comparing ATL to the 1975, but here we are. And yeah I think your LaS comparison definitely works.

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think it'll definitely be on the album. Reckless and the Brave was out for a long time before the album too if I remember right. I think this is going to be a late summer/early fall release. I wonder if they'll try to coincide it with the 10 year of SWIR. Also, because I've seen it brought up, the last thing I would expect from All Time Low is a 10 year SWIR tour.

16. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

It's different. But different is/can be good.

Luroda likes this.
  17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Somehow missed your post before I said basically the same thing...but yeah I think the title will be Young Renegades with that rose logo.

supernovagirl likes this.
  18. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I liked it, I agree that the buildup was too long.
    Interesting move to FBR? I actually was just thinking about it the other day and was like no way FBR couldn't handle a band as big as ATL but here we are and I was wrong

19. supernovagirl

sorry to double post but definitely meant to say this. I 100% agree. I would bet that the A6 on the jacket stands for "album 6"
    edit: hmm wait they are on album 7. I forgot that TPS was a full album I thought it was just an EP for some reason

20. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh, interesting. It is their seventh album though... guess they aren't counting TPS.

21. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

It's AG, his initials, not A6.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  22. supernovagirl

edited my post already but yeah haha its possible they don't count it

23. supernovagirl

ok I thought that too but I rewound it and everything to double check haha guess I need to get my eyes checked

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

In the newsletter they sent to the mailing list, they say it's been 10 years since our debut album, so they consider SWIR their first proper LP.

supernovagirl likes this.
  25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I'm thinking that will be the title too. They made sure to focus on it on Alex's jacket.