Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Things TRUMP • Page 9

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by John Zafran, Apr 29, 2016.

1. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I don't think anyone should support Trump

2. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

I wanted to ask this in the politics or racism thread but I wanted to know specifically from POC on here who have conservative families/relatives/fellow POC friends if they've had discussions or debates with them. What I've heard from family/relatives is they either hate both candidates or support Trump. There's no outward support of Hillary. It's difficult to understand.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  3. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Well obviously, but that's not what they were asking.

4. transrebel59

Regular

Yeah, I honestly have no clue because my family and I aren't legally able to vote and we've only been here since right before the 2012 election. My family and I don't really understand the politics here but back home, my parents would probably be considered conservative (by Nigeria's standards, not the US's)

5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

6. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

7. One guy on FB I went to school with (also a Mexican-American) seems to like Trump's aggressive nature and his tell-it-like-it-is attitude. This guy also thinks politicians in general are bad, and he likes that Trump isn't an entrenched politician.

Doesn't seem to mind all the "Mexicans are rapists" talk.

8. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

I baited a work colleague, who is also my neighbor into his opinions on the upcoming election...it started out very tame, regarding how Electoral College works, as well as alternate voting systems...here is his response:

''I guaranty you there is a group of people that voted for obama because it was "cool" or in an attempt to show how "not-racist" our country now is. How dumb - what has his economic policies given us? Where are the jobs? Where are the pay raises? We have record high number of folks on food stamps, record low labor participation force, the only president (to my knowledge) to NOT have above a 3.0 % GDP growth for a single quarter in 8 years. Obama care stinks – prices are soaring, we’re heading towards a single payer option, just another way to redistribute wealth so we’re all “equal”.

Another phrase for 'trending tolerant' is 'avoiding social suicide', public condemnation, what have you. for instance, you can't have traditional views these days on what marriage is (which is to say - one man, one woman) without being labled a homophobe. What a lie that is. The left can't accept that equal rights could be given through expanded civil unions, nope - they require the "title" of marriage so they are deemed 'equal', and they've managed to usurp the definition of marriage altogether unfortunately. It’s inevitable that the next fight on this issue will be that 3 people can wed. and why the heck not - if they all 'love' each other, why the heck not?

how about an adult and an adolescent? why not? Well, those arguments only work if you remove the historical meaning behind what marriage was set up for in the first place. which is exactly what they want - they want history to be redefined, by them. No more traditional values, stop the 'hate' (let's let a man who claims he' s a woman go in the ladies bath/wash rooms) Let's stop the demagoguery and fear mongering (let's not wipe 99% of islamic terrorists off the planet for fear of alienating minorities/muslims - i.e. votes -, no, instead let's continue to let them chop heads off, drown people in cages, blow them up, crucify women and children, mow people down with trucks, kidnap and dissect them then kill them, blow them away at work, in the air, on the train, in a building, brutalize and terrorize them, etc. etc. etc.

That's what' so appealing about someone like trump - he doesn't give a rip about the media not liking him, or whoever, if he believes something, he's going to say it. Compare that to 'thumb-in-the-wind' politicians that curtail their agenda towards public opinion (as drafted by the mainstream media in an attempt to shape public opinion - remember, no one wants to be labled a hate filled monger, and if the news tells you that what you do is full of hate, you're going to avoid doing it so you don't get labled a monger) . ''

I have yet to respond...and now avoid passing by his area. We've reached awkward levels of EPIC proportions, as we both now know where each other stand. My house is on the market, and this contributes to my need to get out even quicker. Any response ideas are more than welcome :).

9. FakeGyllenhaal

Honestly, I'd just chalk this guy up as a loss. The only way that a debate would be worth your time here is if this is someone you really don't want to live without (Doesn't seem like this is the case here heh...). Anyone who thinks that two adults of the same sex getting married is going to logically lead to adults marrying adolescents is already so misguided and confused any amount of debate or discourse isn't going make them realize how foolish their arguments really are. Again if this was say, your parent, I'd say it would be worth it to try to explain your views but a co-worker? Nah, I'd just smile, nod and say "that's a really interesting viewpoint" and back away very, very slowly.

Chris Prindle likes this.
  10. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

11. FakeGyllenhaal

I started following Trump's twitter account about a week ago. It is amazing that something like this exists let alone from a presidential nominee. It's a frighting precedent being set but part of me can not help but laugh at the absolutely ludicrous stuff he (or his staff) posts on there on a daily basis. It is nothing but a constant relentless attack campaign.

He will not write Clinton's name without adding the work "crooked" in front of it. Crooked Hillary this. Crooked Hillary that. If he doesn't feel like he has enough characters he simply refers to her as Crooked.

He doesn't refer to Elizabeth Warren as anything but Pocahontas.

He tweets so much that he's sort of run out of stuff to attack. He RT a photo of himself photoshopped onto the face of thomas the choo choo train.

This one really made me laugh he didn't like the decorations on the stage at the DNC, Not enough flags, Pathetic! And how much more beautiful the RNC stage was. (What the f...)

It's ridiculous and disgusting but it's probably my favorite twitter account to follow. As with everything else Trump does, I can't decide whether it will ruin his campaign or be the key to victory. This election is so fucking frightening.

12. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

Just tell him he is using an obsolete spelling of the word "guarantee" that invalidates everything that is written after that.

13. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

Believe it or not. people of color are not monolithic in their perspectives. They are individuals with a wide array of concerns, experiences, and lifestyles. My opinion of a person of color supporting Trump is the same as any one else supporting Trump.

14. Zip It Chris

We work at a bank, so he does that on purpose...still makes him a moron though. :)

15. transrebel59

Regular

Yeah, I'm just asking this because I'm from Nigeria and have no clue what white people in America think of non-white people voting for Trump.

16. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

What the fuck

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Really happy to see Sopan getting a lot of attention. Such a good dude.

lol this fucking guy.

18. twodeliverances

Trump will make a great president. He says some stupid things but his policies are on point. He will absolutely destroy Crooked Hillary and we will Make America Great Again.

St. Nate likes this.
  19. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

"policies"

20. Zip It Chris

I personally feel that it's a little different for a person of color, or someone form the LGBT community even, to support Trump because he speaks specifically to oppose those that aren't of the White, Straight, Male category...I would love to hear the objective reasoning behind their support more than some white guy from Idaho, which is more predictable.

21. The Format

Regular

22. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I have a friend trying to defend the alt-right movement to me right now. What the fuck.

23. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

tell him you keep clicking the alt and right key together your computer ain't doin shit.

24. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Hahaha, jesus dude.

25. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

yaaaa I couldn't be friends with someone who supports that. I remember when Milo came to my campus and all of the shitty white dudes came out of the woodworks to troll the fb page protesting it. they suck.