Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Things TRUMP • Page 5

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by John Zafran, Apr 29, 2016.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

They'll probably write it off as "disagreements", which is totally disingenuous and covers over the true nature of just how fucking shitty and terrible people acted towards or about him. Like I really don't care what my conservative friends try to tell me, there is definitely an underlying core of racism there. Not dismissing valid criticism mind you, such as the drone program and the suppression of whistleblowers as examples.

2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I mean, plus the obvious one that no white candidate/president would've been subjected to such fucking ridiculous questioning about where they were born.

3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I will be straight up pissed if that gets glossed over, that was some of the most unnecessary bullshit ever dumped on a politician. Like I'm still in awe at just how long that has been going on, same with him being accused of being a Muslim as if that was a grave sin to begin with. In fact, it's really scary as to just how much people bought into those lies hook, line, and sinker without a second thought as to it being false information.

beachdude42, Penguin and FTank like this.
  4. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

5. beachdude42 and Richter915 like this.
  6. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

8. You aren't wrong. It's the same issue I have with much of Sanders's platform - good rhetoric, but much of it is not actually achievable.

Problem is, with a Republican-controlled Congress, I (and a lot of other non-white Americans) aren't really willing to roll those dice while we're the targets of his poisonous rants. He could do a considerable amount of damage, especially internationally, before Congress could do anything to intervene.

9. Mr Snrub

Yes, that'll do..

This sums my thoughts up pretty well.

[​IMG]

beachdude42 and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  10. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

And how Obamacare doubled premiums. :'(

11. CoopDawg

They're obviously grilled... Prestigious

Guys, it's official: there is no drought in California! It's all a liberal conspiracy!

beachdude42 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  12. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

You would be paying a lot more at this point without the ACA. Premiums will always keep increasing. The ACA just slowed it.

14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Not necessarily for each individual, but in general yeah. The average increase in premiums on the individual and employer provided market has been much lower these first few years of the ACA than the years preceding it.

But if you're paying more now, it's because you're getting more back than you ever were before. Your insurance company can't drop you when you get sick, and they also can no longer impose lifetime or yearly caps on coverage. Not a big deal when you have an average year of health for a young person, but in the event something major and unexpected happens, that protection basically keeps you from bankruptcy. When your yearly limit on coverage is only 200K, that aint paying for heart surgery hah.

There's also the whole swath of things they have to cover free of charge now--less OOP expenses, but higher premiums.

PyramidPostcard likes this.
  15. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

The last letter we got from the insurance company said that they were being taxed more by the government, which is why premiums were increasing from them.
    Well, we were pretty much made by our insurance company to switch plans because they were changing it, and our coverage has actually halved. But the price is the same. :( Never mind. I shouldn't have said anything. Now I'm super anxious.

16. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Well of course the insurance company will you tell you that, it's the perfect scapegoat for them to use so they can raise their rates. They get more money, and the government gets all the blame for it. I'd do that shit too haha

That's kind of how the individual market always worked though, plans were constantly changed as the insurance company figured out what made them the most money, basically.

But I doubt the coverage "halved", what's more likely is you're probably paying more OOP for a bunch of shit before the insurance kicks in. This is definitely due to the law--since they're forced to cover everything for everybody now and can't deny sick people coverage, they gotta either 1. raise premiums or 2. increase cost-sharing...or, most likely 3. A combination of both. All those sick people cost money, and the law limits how much they can charge the sick people, more or less. Many states allowed insurers to charge older and sicker people 5 times as much as they charged younger healthy people, but the ACA limits them to only charge 3 times as much. There's no denying that younger, healthier people have to pay more under the law. The subsidies are supposed to help with that, but of course not everyone qualifies.

Don't get anxious! I'm just nerding out on health policy haha

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

19. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Trump rally in my hometown tonight, I'll be really glad when this idiot loses in November and all his supporters crawl back into the woodwork

20. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

Trump tweeted out an image of a "poll" that had him losing to Clinton

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

his poll numbers are tanking, lets hope they dont come back up

22. Driving2theBusStation Jun 20, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 20, 2016)
    Driving2theBusStation

Regular

If we're lucky. I'm feeling a bit more nihilistic about that scenario and feel like once he loses and the dust settles, a large amount of his more vocal hatebaby supporters will realize what being a Trump and/or GOP supporter actually means in historical context and maybe roughly a third of the US population (those who will have voted for trump) will be in shit-starting mode for quite some time. Then again, the Trump shitshow has been so bad that ten years from now when the quality of life is higher for most everyone but the worst assholes, you might only need to say "You supported Trump" to shut many of them down. :crylaugh:

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

24. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

Can't wait to hear more about this