Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Things TRUMP

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by John Zafran, Apr 29, 2016.

1. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

Lately, I have been warming up to the idea of a Trump nomination, as is the RNC. What are the thoughts of our Chorus.FM community?

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

uh oh

3. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

What makes you warm to him? How did you feel about him before?

Personally, I think his popularity is harmful to our national political identity. The idea that someone with no policy initiatives or consistent theory of governance can advance this far in our election process just on the power of "rebellion" is pretty frightening to me. Especially when I think of what kind of candidate could come along in 2020.

Now I don't hate the guy. Gun to my head, I would prefer a Trump presidency to a Cruz presidency. I understand why a discouraged citizen would gravitate towards someone like Trump, I don't hate those people and I don't think they are dumb or anything.

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

You'd get along with some of my 8th graders

5. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

If you're trolling, this is a stupid thread. If you're serious, please, in a serious manner, tell me your thoughts of how this is a good idea.

6. clucky

Trusted Supporter

where is my dislike button Zuckerberg Tate?

Cody likes this.
  7. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

The rest of the world laughs at americans who "warm up" to trump.

beachdude42 and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  8. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I really don't think anyone actually "warms up" to Trump. Rather just people feel more comfortable admitting that they like blatant xenophobia

9. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

All I can say is that I really admire his dedication to what has to be the most compelling piece of performance art in the history of modern civilization.

h8bit likes this.
  10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Hypothetically, if he wins the nom and then decides he doesn't want to actually run, what could the RNC do? Could they just throw someone up there?

11. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

Yes.

12. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

America has always had a love of xenophobia.

13. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

Isn't the OP saying he's warmed up to the idea that he gets the nomination. As in, nobody believed it was even feasible a year ago, even 6 months ago? I didn't read that post as necessarily saying they support Trump.

I think he gets the nom, but he'll get slaughtered in the general. His unfavorables are insanely, maybe even historically, bad.

14. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

It'll be great for comedy

15. Dean May 1, 2016
    (Last edited: May 1, 2016)
    Dean

Trusted Prestigious

MrRobot likes this.
  16. MrRobot

Trump is basically an American version of Berlusconi.

Dean likes this.
  17. CoopDawg

They're obviously grilled... Prestigious

And the Oscar goes to...

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  18. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

Boris Johnson is a pretty good parallel for Trump. Either way, yeah, there are shitty politicians and movements everywhere.

19. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Trump getting the nomination could mean the end of the current Republican party, right?

I'd love to see the Federalists come back or something.

20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

There is 0% chance of Trump winning in November, yet I keep finding people online who think Trump will easily beat Hillary in the election. Like, do these people not understand the mind of the American voter? Or the demographics that make up this country, and the kind of people these people vote for?

21. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

They tend to surround themselves with like-minded people.

22. MrRobot

It's hilarious. Liberal people getting super worried about him genuinely confuses me. IIRC, Romney had the highest percentage of the white vote in quite a long time and still got beat pretty heavily. Trump will essentially have only the white vote to an even further extent, and that alone can't win elections in this country anymore.

23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Even if you look at voter counts now, sure he's winning 50%+, but he has half the votes of Hilary and just as many as Bernie in some states.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  24. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I feel like you're underestimating him. No one thought he could actually win the nomination when he first entered yet here we are. Clinton is less popular than Obama ever was.

Clinton is still likely going to win, but its far from a foregone conclusion.

25. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

Being one of those "liberal people", or whatever, its terrifying. To think the the potential (and likely) candidate for the GOP is only so popular because he's rallying hate is terrifying. Trump is appealing to the (much larger than I thought) demographic of angry-white men who think that mexicans are stealing our jobs and blacks are raping our women. It's TERRIFYING that there are that many people out there who still think like that, enough to win the popular vote in even the most liberal and accepting of states.

I'm not terrified Trump is going to win, I'm terrified that there are people who think he's going to make a good president because "he says whats on his mind". Well fuck why isn't Dave Chapelle a president?